Thunderin' Bolts @ Grand Canyon University

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Agreed, GCU will be a tough out. This would be a really fun series to attend because GCU's ballpark is really top notch. A split would be pretty good and if they can steal tonight's game with Cristo going GCU's ace that would be huge.

Has GCU announced their rotation, I haven’t seen it? I was assuming that they would throw their ace tomorrow to keep the true Friday-Friday rotation. We kept ours the same, just added Christo to the front end. 

30 minutes ago, HANC said:

Has GCU announced their rotation, I haven’t seen it? I was assuming that they would throw their ace tomorrow to keep the true Friday-Friday rotation. We kept ours the same, just added Christo to the front end. 

I took this from Evan Bland's OWH article on the series:

Nebraska at Grand Canyon

Where: Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark, Phoenix, Arizona

Radio: Huskers Radio Network

Video stream: ESPN+

7 p.m. Thursday: RHP Drew Christo (0-0, 9.00 ERA) vs. RHP Daniel Avitia (1-0, 1.50)

7 p.m. Friday: RHP Brett Sears (0-0, 1.69) vs. RHP Carter Young (1-0, 1.80)

7 p.m. Saturday: LHP Will Walsh (0-0, 4.76) vs. RHP Connor Mattison (3.00)

• Thanks 1

It would be really exciting for me if Nebraska could get into a 4 year cycle of playing the same 2 "High Level/Caliber" out of conference opponents.

(ex: Home/Home with GCU this year and next 2024/2025. In 2026/27 do a Home/Home series with a team like Charlette (or other historically strong G5) and rotate these opponents every two years.

Selfish reason I'd like to see this is regional play. These two opponents have both hosted regionals in the past 4 years. If Nebraska wants to solidify it's hosting position then the Huskers need to play a schedule where they are positioning favorably with the ncaa regionals committee. Yes, arguably, with the addition of USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon that is probably enough competition however... if the Huskers play a home/home with a high end G5 team and win the series... makes it hard for the committee to grant the host regional to the loser if both teams are in consideration. (at least I imagine it so)

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I took this from Evan Bland's OWH article on the series:

Nebraska at Grand Canyon

Where: Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark, Phoenix, Arizona

Radio: Huskers Radio Network

Video stream: ESPN+

7 p.m. Thursday: RHP Drew Christo (0-0, 9.00 ERA) vs. RHP Daniel Avitia (1-0, 1.50)

7 p.m. Friday: RHP Brett Sears (0-0, 1.69) vs. RHP Carter Young (1-0, 1.80)

7 p.m. Saturday: LHP Will Walsh (0-0, 4.76) vs. RHP Connor Mattison (3.00)

Awesome, thank you 

• Plus1 2