Thunderin' Bolts vs Creighton

I may be in the minority here, but my gut feels like tonight feels like a must win game. We don’t want to head into a weekend series vs Maryland losing 4 of last 5, including the second time to Creighton.

• Haha 1

The conference games are must wins. They've nutted any chance of hosting already. If they are able to win 37+ games they'll be a post season team. They haven't shown they deserve anything better than a 3 seed and a very low 3 seed at that. Honestly, they're performing like they don't really care if they make the post season or not. Winners hate losing more than they love winning. This group seems somewhat lackadaisical in that for reasons beyond excuse. We've witnessed HUGE hitting slumps, witnessed awesome pitching one game and then inability to throw a strike the next, fielding errors on simple plays. Running errors on the base path and the entire season, not a single dependable bat in the line up. Sad as I had such high hopes going into this season but most juco players had to go the juco route for a reason and the ability to stay focused is a mental task. Just saying.. but for some reason it's the recruiting route that Bolt believes in. Probably because of his past coaching stops. Rarely does a so called "HUGE" juco star pan out. I also don't want to put all the blame on Bolt. The players themselves need to accept responsibility for and make adjustment in their lives to get better at whatever their craft is. Honestly, I don't know anything and mostly am talking out my arse. I'm just very distraught and disappointed and frustrated. The one men's sport in the B1G that Nebraska should be able to dominate and they don't. Why?

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, HANC said:

I may be in the minority here, but my gut feels like tonight feels like a must win game. We don’t want to head into a weekend series vs Maryland losing 4 of last 5, including the second time to Creighton.

Creighton is going to start one of their better pitchers.  ACC is a not good this year & Creighton has a poor SOS.  More of a must win for them.  Plus, we have not found a #3 weekend pitcher, besides a weekday starter.

• Haha 1

I meant “must win” in terms of our own mindset and momentum.  This team needs to get some momentum back and it could start tonight. Earlier, this group was finding ways to win, whereas , currently, they seem to be finding ways to lose. You are correct, CU will throw one of their top guys and we will use about 6 different pitchers.

• Haha 1