Stuff you remember when you played games as a kid.

I will start...who remembers having "ghost runners" when you would play baseball with friends?

And our bases were a Willow Tree (first), Middle Fence Post (second), a tree (third) and this dead patch of grass for home plate. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I will start...who remembers having "ghost runners" when you would play baseball with friends?

And our bases were a Willow Tree (first), Middle Fence Post (second), a tree (third) and this dead patch of grass for home plate. 

We grew up in the country, so it was just my brother and I a lot.  We played 1-on-1 baseball from time to time.  There were a lot of ghost runners.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We grew up in the country, so it was just my brother and I a lot.  We played 1-on-1 baseball from time to time.  There were a lot of ghost runners.

Dude, that might just be imaginary friends at that point!  Haha

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, GSG said:

Ghost runners, we played a lot of home run derby, touch football, etc.

Not sure if this was a big thing all over but when we played football and there was a "controversy" about a play...we would eventually just say 

"DGO" or Down Goes Over...so that we could just do a replay of that down.

• Plus1 1

I was the youngest in the hood with lots of kids much older than me.  We would play football in our front yard.  I was used to hitting those guys hard and they would just laugh at me.  Then, I remember one of the first times I played with kids my own age and made a kid go home crying.

Unfortunately, that didn't carry over to HS sports.  :laughpound