Thunderin' Bolts vs South Dakota State

33 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

lol, been saying it all year... we don't have a scary bat in the line up. Nebraska's men's sports... depressing and dead!! Carey again, error that costs us the game as it allowed SDS to gain momentum. Carey has played like s#!t all year long. He's not here to win rather he's here to get a pro contract that he won't get if he doesn't get his head out of his arse. The colorful Mike Leach explained perfectly what's wrong with the men's programs at TT then and Nebraska now. Fat Little Girlfriends

it is quite telling that 7 different guys have batted third in the lineup.

Josh Caron is legit, but Your point is plenty valid.

5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

As always Loebarth, always plenty of good seats available on the wrestling team bandwagon if you want to support a quality team haha.

I didn't watch the game but can someone tell me why Brockett only threw 3 innings? From the play by play stats it looked like he pretty much cruised. Clark only throwing 1.1 is also strange. Man, how can Brockett not go at least 4, Clark goes 2, you kick it to Worthley and just go. Just so dumb. 

Because Bolt doesn't treat midweek games like they count; he treats them as glorified scrimmages. 

• TBH 2
10 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

As always Loebarth, always plenty of good seats available on the wrestling team bandwagon if you want to support a quality team haha.

I didn't watch the game but can someone tell me why Brockett only threw 3 innings? From the play by play stats it looked like he pretty much cruised. Clark only throwing 1.1 is also strange. Man, how can Brockett not go at least 4, Clark goes 2, you kick it to Worthley and just go. Just so dumb. 

Brockett will come back Sunday, They wanted Clark and Worthley for Friday and Saturday. Bottom line, Daiss has to close that out and we should score more than 6 runs vs them.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
27 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Because Bolt doesn't treat midweek games like they count; he treats them as glorified scrimmages. 

Based on how this season has gone, hard to disagree with you.

23 minutes ago, Husker Baseball 2025 said:

Brockett will come back Sunday, They wanted Clark and Worthley for Friday and Saturday. Bottom line, Daiss has to close that out and we should score more than 6 runs vs them.

That's a fair point and does make sense.

21 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Based on how this season has gone, hard to disagree with you.

I don't remember which show it was, but one of the local morning shows made the point that Bolt's philosophy on midweek games was crafted from all his time in the SEC: they used midweek games as a way to find/build depth and experiement with rotations and batting orders while relying on the SOS of their conference to build resumes. 

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

And THAT is so damn frustrating.  Especially, when you're in a battle to possibly host and you know if you win out, there's a chance.  Throwing a guy out there just to "develop" him and not giving your team the best chance to win this time of year is idiotic.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't remember which show it was, but one of the local morning shows made the point that Bolt's philosophy on midweek games was crafted from all his time in the SEC: they used midweek games as a way to find/build depth and experiement with rotations and batting orders while relying on the SOS of their conference to build resumes. 

Then let's stop scheduling rivalries with teams like Creighton then if he's not going to take them seriously.  It's embarrassing constantly losing to them.

• Plus1 3