Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

Were gonna get gang banged, were a good team dont get me wrong, but were nowhere near ready to take on a team like USC even tho they lost all their primary weapons.

For all that think we will win, you need your head checked, im sorry but its the truth. :dunno

If we can somehow by the grace of God pull this win out, I will be totally shocked and probably have a heart attack and die.

Oh I think we got a shot. Maybe it's an optimistic point of view. But I'd have to say a win would surprise me. I think we might do it in a "unsure-maybe-hopeful" kind of way...somewhat like the Alamo Bowl, actually.

Only perhaps a little less hopeful. But if we can play a respectable game and show that we can hang with the best, it won't be so bad. As long as we don't get blown out.

Say what you want but we're ranked top 3 defense by everybody for a reason. Also our offense isn't going to open up and show what they've got until USC. They showed a few flashes of it but not near as close as they can. USC doesn't play good defense at all, they give up atleast 40 points a game last year when playing decent opponents.

it's hard to say how we're going to play. Just like I think preranking teams at the beginning of the season means sh#t.

No one knows how well a team is going to play until pretty much mid season. After the first weekend, saying that "USC is so much more awesomer" is like saying "USC is going to win the national championship in 2016."

We haven't seen USC or Nebraska play any teams yet. Arkansas and Louisiana Tech are just one team...and we both killed them. So does that mean we're now even with eachother? I haven't seen Arkansas and LT play eachother yet...I'm not sure if one of them would blow the other one away.

It's like last year everyone said how the Big XII teams were so weak except for Texas, but every game was a close one. The Big XII hung pretty well with teams ranked higher than them. In fact you could say the Big XII showed up as the stronger conference that made a few teams run for their money.

You don't know how a conference is until they play people outside their conference...ie, the best of the best. USC was amazing against people in their own conference and struggled against Notre Dame and Texas.

It's the start of a new year. We don't know how USC really is. Wait until the 17th until you start talking about how great they are.

it's hard to say how we're going to play. Just like I think preranking teams at the beginning of the season means sh#t.

No one knows how well a team is going to play until pretty much mid season. After the first weekend, saying that "USC is so much more awesomer" is like saying "USC is going to win the national championship in 2016."

We haven't seen USC or Nebraska play any teams yet. Arkansas and Louisiana Tech are just one team...and we both killed them. So does that mean we're now even with eachother? I haven't seen Arkansas and LT play eachother yet...I'm not sure if one of them would blow the other one away.

It's like last year everyone said how the Big XII teams were so weak except for Texas, but everyone except Colorado won their bowl games last year. The Big XII won the most games out of the any of the other conferences. You don't know how a conference is until they play people outside their conference...ie, the best of the best. USC was amazing against people in their own conference and struggled against Notre Dame and Texas.

It's the start of a new year. We don't know how USC really is. Wait until the 17th until you start talking about how great they are.

You bring up some very good points. Personally I will be surprised if we pull one out in the colliseum, but I don't think it's impossible either. Both teams have weaknesses, hopefully we can exploit their's more than they can our's... I'll be watching anxiously on the 16th. :restore

remember that Arkansas hold somethinglike 4-5 turnovers that USC converted into 28 points.

NU's defense will play better then Arkansas' did and USC wont hang 50 points on the Huskers.

The offense will have another game to gel even further and I think it will definitly be a close game. The Huskers will have a shot at winning this game, but they will have to play mistake free football.

I don't think Nate knows to much about football! If he did he could see that the two teams are actually very evenly matched. SC would get a slight edge because they are at home, but the Husker faithful will be well represented (much like the Notre Dame game). The defenses are comparable with SC getting an edge in secondary, but they have lost their starting safety to a knee injury. They will also have an edge at O-line and receiver, but we will definitely have the edge at RB, QB, and TE. Booty and the young running backs looked ok, but I don't see any reason to be scared of them. I don't doubt SC is a good football team, but not championship caliber, not yet anyway. I don't see any reason why we can't win this game or at least have a chance to win it. Anyone who says that we are going to get pounded is just a fool.