Matt Herian

Spartness

Did you noticed even though he was productive with three receptions that he looked slow and hesitant? It looked like he was afraid of being hit and injured again. I hope he gets his confidence back for the USC game or he won't be much of a factor.

I agree. I could of played tight end and caught passes against that defense. I don't think La Tech knew tight ends were elgible. Herian still has good hands but he has no speed now and is very hesistant to take a hit.

Did you noticed even though he was productive with three receptions that he looked slow and hesitant? It looked like he was afraid of being hit and injured again. I hope he gets his confidence back for the USC game or he won't be much of a factor.

I agree. I could of played tight end and caught passes against that defense. I don't think La Tech knew tight ends were elgible. Herian still has good hands but he has no speed now and is very hesistant to take a hit.

Figures you'd say something like that. Perhaps you dont understand the severity of a compound fracture. I'd feel hesitant doing what he does just knowing how critical that kind of injury is. I'd be doing the same thing he is doing right now; taking it one play at a time and getting used to being hit again.

At least he has the guts to get out there; something I would probably not have had in his circumstance.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

I knew it was to good to be true.

Does Matt look slower yeah a little but did a hell of a job.

As for Bernard playing tight end please go out for the team and you can't

wear a green jacket.

I agree that it was great to see Herian back on the field, but he did look a little slow. Obviously it's near a miracle that he can even play, let's just hope that he can regain the form that he had a few years back.

Agree. he isnt as fats as he was. But did you see that move he put on the defender.

Juked that cat smooth out of his Nike's

He is hesitant, but trust me he’s not slow. Most of you remember him looking so fast as he streaked past a safety (who was biting on the play action) in the Solich offense. Well he’s not running one man play action routes anymore and he’s still getting open and just like always he catches the ball like he’s got it on a string. OK, I noticed that he’s hesitant in the open field as to getting tackled below the belt, but that is just a confidence issue. Anybody remember our TE’s getting 20 yards after catching the ball at all last year. Anybody remember a TE catching 3 balls for 60 yards and a Touch’ in any game all last year? Bottom line is that Matt Herian, in whatever shape he is in, is an upgrade to our offense.