Rose Must GO

azhusker

Kent and Gary were and always will be my favorites. That being said... God... lay off of Jim Rose for a while. You may not like the guy, you may hate the guy, but he is what we have now. This thread is full of people saying they are sick of his goofy statements, then someone throws out "verbal diahrrea". Isn't that the same thing. People don't like his excitement over a 5 yard run, but we have a guy mocking a call like Jim Rose said to the 20-the 30-the 40... stopped after a 3 yard gain. Seriously folks, give the guy a break. He is our guy. He may not be for much longer, but at least for the rest of the year, he is our guy.

I am not a big fan of "the arrogance that comes across" from Jim. I am not thriled with Adrian either. But you know what? I listen to them, and during the games I hang on every word they say. Not because of how they say it, but because they are describing to the best of their abillities what my Huskers are doing.

Go Big Red.

Kent and Gary were and always will be my favorites. That being said... God... lay off of Jim Rose for a while. You may not like the guy, you may hate the guy, but he is what we have now. This thread is full of people saying they are sick of his goofy statements, then someone throws out "verbal diahrrea". Isn't that the same thing. People don't like his excitement over a 5 yard run, but we have a guy mocking a call like Jim Rose said to the 20-the 30-the 40... stopped after a 3 yard gain. Seriously folks, give the guy a break. He is our guy. He may not be for much longer, but at least for the rest of the year, he is our guy.

I am not a big fan of "the arrogance that comes across" from Jim. I am not thriled with Adrian either. But you know what? I listen to them, and during the games I hang on every word they say. Not because of how they say it, but because they are describing to the best of their abillities what my Huskers are doing.

Go Big Red.

You're defending Rose like he's a 19 year old player on our team... This guy is a paid professional. Obviously if no one is happy with him, (including you it sounds like,) why should we put up with him? Fire him and bring someone else in. You act like he needs all the fan's support for what he does or something. Give me a break. :wacko:

It's not just that Rose needs to go. It's the whole package. It's barely a professional broadcast. You've got commercials running while the game is going on. Fiala sounding like he's talking in his sleep and Rose trying to make every play sound like the end of the world. I listened to some of the Texas-Iowa St. broadcast saturday, and you know what. I didn't hear any rhymes, I didn't hear any clever sayings, I heard the play by play of the game. What a novel approach to take. It's time the university gets rid of the mediocrity in the broadcast booth. Thank goodness most of the games will probably be televised through the big 12 season.

I hope Jim Rose reads this board. He is as bad as that Warren,,, what's his name? Swine,,, Swain ??

Jim should go do baseball for WHO and the Iowa Cubs.

Iowa football kept that moron Jim Zabel (who didnt even know who had possession) for so long that between him and Hayden Fry, they became a laughing stock. ( footnote: I was exiled to Iowa for 20 years).

Kent and Gary need to come back. Matt D. needs to stay.

I thought Adrian Fiala was an attorney,,, what,, business aint that good?

A class football organization deserves class announcers.

Stevie,,, you listenin??

Ya I keep hearing that Pavelka may be back now that he's the b-ball guy again. Ya know many of the old timers never liked the guy all that much and even a lot of the young fans. I grew up during the Pavelka years and I must say I always enjoyed listening to the games when he was the announcer. I must admit however that the hissy fit he threw when he got dropped didn't set well however.

I must confess however that he always came across as a guy that lived and breathed Husker football, respected the other team, respected the fans, the staff and the program in general. As much as I like Travis Justice's show he's not the guy either. I'd support Kent coming back. Some think he's a bit of a dork but he's a dork I enjoy listening too.

I don't really listen to KFAB, but when I did the other day and I thought there was a commercial where they said "Gary wakes you up in the morning..." Is he still there, because if he is, I think they should move him into the booth with Pavelka. I was only 7 when Kent left, but I have all the old highlight tapes and the Fiesta and Orange Bowl videos. Every time I listen to them I think, why isn't Pavelka still here. He is awesome and I think they will bring him back with Gary, and keep Matt because he is good. GBR!

If I am listening to the "Husker Sports Network", I would rather have them drinking the kool-aid then not. I want them to be excited for the Huskers, and not excited for the other team. That is what has made other games better. I remember hearing a play-by-play for a Georgia game where the announcer was so happy and talked about how Georgia stepped all over Tennessee's face with a boot. That was awesome.