Rose Must GO

azhusker

Jim Rose is giving the program a bad name. As a Husker from outside the state I find him such a cornball and nerd, which is not good for the voice of our program. His role on the Callahan Show is maddening as he tries to pretend he understands football technique and strategy instead of allowing Callahan to inform us what is really going on. Rose may love the Huskers but he completely disgusts me and keeps the nerd farmer image of Nebraska Football alive and well. Please make him stop!

I don't care for Jim Rose at all. He has a big vocabulary and loves to show it off during Husker games, but he comes across as arrogant and it gets on my nerves.

I think Kevin Kugler would do an excellent job and do I enjoy his show in Omaha. He's great when talking about specific subjects or interviewing, but his impromtu skills need some work. He often tries to be funny, but it doesn't come out right. However, I still think he would be a huge improvement over Rose.

Being from out-of-state I have no problems listening to Rose. I had no idea that so many people dont like his game calling. And that's fine.

I remember Kent Pavelka's "Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!". And that was hard to replace. But I'll take Rose because I'm not too picky. If anything, I wish I was like most of you and could go to a home game.

He is a disaster. I used to think that even though he was annoying as a "small case" of the herpes, he was very well schooled on the tradtions and history of Husker football. This morning on KFAB, there was question as to who was the last Outland Award winner from NU, and the answer obviously was Aaron Taylor. Lil' Jim went on to say "He was an All American guard, who the coaches tried at center for a few games, but when that didn't work out, they moved him back to guard where he won the Outland," or something to that effect.

Jim, you moron, Taylor played the entire 96 season at center, and was named a first team All American, and was one of the few players in the history of college football to be named first team AA at TWO different positions.

Get rid of Rose AND Fiala.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

I like Jim Rose. He always provides exceedingly interesting commentary, and makes listening to the game exciting. as someone else posted earlier about him, his commentary really gets you going even when he's just calling a 3-yard gain.

the problem is that rose tries to make *everything* seem 'exciting'.

i swear to god, the boy freaks out over a two yard rush at 1st and 10 the same way a running back busts loose with a 45yrd run into the endzone.

he's got the same tempo for everything straight thru the game. and that get real old after some 10 years.