More USC Injuries??

Washusker

He was pretty much the heart and soul of that defensive line. Jackson may get the numbers and the fame, but Ellis was the leader of that unit. It will be interesting to see how this affects that unit. His backup is a senior though.

I read that he was just walking around going through the motions of a walk through and felt a pop. They were not in pads and no contact was made.

The defense is who we're seeing get hurt now, which is definitely big. It nicreases the chances of NU surviving a slugging match if you get into one. Unfortunately, I still thin kthe key to the game is pressuring Booty and not allowing him the time he needs to make good passes. I'm just afraid he and his receiving corps are too good for the NU secondary right now.

A quick blirp about Ellis:

Source

NOTES

With starting safety Josh Pinkard already out and starting middle linebacker Oscar Lua questionable for Saturday, a knee injury to nose tackle Sedrick Ellis during Monday's practice could be a worrisome blow to the defense.

Ellis twisted a knee during a drill and was taken off the field on a motorized cart. An MRI was scheduled for Monday night, and Carroll said results won't be available until today.

"It wasn't a violent tweak," Carroll said. "They just want to make sure he's OK."

I'm thinking PC is playing damage control right now. No word yet on the severity of his injury.

From CSTV.com

Several Trojans were held out of practice, including redshirt junior Chauncey Washington (hamstring strain), sophomore Kevin Thomas (high ankle sprain) and redshirt senior Oscar Lua (hamstring strain).

Carroll said that their statuses are questionable for Saturday's game.

--

Junior receiver Dwayne Jarrett was the subject of criticism from USC offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin in a radio and newspaper interview from the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star.

Kiffin gave the receivers an "F" for their performances against Arkansas and called out Jarrett, saying "We really challenged him (last) week and embarrassed him to get going."

Jarrett shrugged off the comments and said they didn't irk him at all.

"That game is in the past," Jarrett said. "It pushes me to get better, that's all."