Where is Cody Glenn???

BigRedRick

Thiems, I'm glad you have all of this figured out. It sounds like the offensive coaches have done a good job brainwashing you. 1.9 yards per rushing attempt and I'm sure you will be at the front of the line to defend that fine performance.

Then there is Lucky's critical 3rd quarter fumble that was a huge momentum drainer and led to the quick 'SC touchdown right after.

Wonder if Callahan will give the start this week to Kenny Wilson. He's probably earned it, especially in light of Lucky's big fumble.

If that happens, wonder how much of a happy camper we will have in Mr. 5-star Lucky?

I was saying the same thing "where is Glenn" all night. I am hoping he is not in the dog house. Lucky just doesn't look like the guy. He has had chances and is always a step away and never gets past that step. Wilson I thought looked better, than Lucky ever has as a husker, in two plays. Wilson showed strength, toughness, and speed. I don't see toughness or strength from Lucky. Glenn, Wilson and Jackson are hard nose and deliver hits. Lucky gets hit and goes to the sideline when he's had enough??? WTF 4th string him. Get these others in there. I don't know why Calli stays with him. :dunno

I never thought they'd jerk him around like they're doing!

This staff seems to want to play the politically correct player......?

It'll be real hard to win the big games when all the players know this happens.

Nothing is wrong with Cody. There is no injury and he's 100% healthy.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the coaches' office................

I can sure see why Cali started Lucky, especially in this game. The Cali recruits would know about Lucky and his heralded past and I'm sure a few of them could picture themselves in Lucky's shoes and wonder what their chances for playing time would likely be at Nebraska. I can't blame the staff for showing Lucky off especially in the fertile California recruiting region and giving him his opportunity to shine. I think he was adequate up until the fumble which was completely unacceptable.

I'm looking for Kenny Wilson to get the starting nod. I think the staff has wanted this all along and this would be the right opportunity to let him start the game from the beginning. 5-star ranking or not, it's hard to defend Lucky's fumble and his overall performance last game versus that of Wilson.

Will be interesting to see Lucky's reaction if and when Wilson trots on the field first.

I'm not sure the staff is ready to "demote" Lucky yet and any possible ramifications that might potentially involve.

You think Glenn and Lucky could start up a game of No Limit Texas Hold 'em on the sideline just to pass the time on the pine?

I think Lucky has definitely joined Glenn in Callahan's doghouse, and neither will be the starting I back any time soon.

You could just feel him fuming when he talked about that fumble early in the second half. I know it's probably not true, but I got the feeling Callahan felt the game was lost on that one play and he blamed Marlon Lucky for it. I know I got kind of hopeless after USC converted.

The momentum to make Wilson The Guy gained some serious steam right then and carried over into the postgame discussion, where Callahan said something like "I like that guy, he is my kind of back," referring to Wilson. Lucky probably cringed when he heard those remarks. It was as if Callahan complimented Wilson at the same time he was criticizing Lucky, but maybe I am reading too much into it.

I think Callahan can really get down on players when they piss him off.

I could see Glenn transferring if he doesn't get to play.

I could see Glenn transferring if he doesn't get to play.

Lets just stop with that kind of talk right now. We don't know why Glenn didn't get any carries, but there is no reason to suggest that Glenn is thinking about transfering. Thats the last thing that this board needs is a stupid rumor about someone leaving the program.

Glass, even I don't think Glenn is looking to transfer.

Glenn is not getting a fair shake from the staff at this point but the season is not over yet. I think Glenn got a pretty fair shake in the 1st game but it's gone steadily downhill since then.

If this staff rewards Lucky with another start after his crucial fumble, then something is amiss in Husker Land these days.

Let's see if the staff starts Wilson this week against Troy and see how things shake out from there. I'm thinking we will have some more interesting things to talk about soon.

although Lucky's fumble was "self-induced" you can't shelve him for one fumble.......that could happen to anyone of the backs, at anytime....but his production and ability to break tackles is not enough to my way of thinking....if the truth is in how they practice, with Lucky banged up, Cody, Bjax and Wilson will have the edge this week....let's see what happens in the Troy match up..all i can say is they better start fast and furious against Troy.....those guys will not roll over for NU......i am nervous about this game, not knowing how the kids will react to callly's assed up play calling at USC.....

hunter

Not to drop the preverbial, "I told you so", but when everyone was jumping on the Lucky bandwagon after the first game, few gave Wilson a chance to make his presence felt as a solid back. He didn't have 200 yards on Saturday, but he held onto the rock and ran hard the whole game. We still have alot of football left to see who emerges as the top guy.

:restore

One thing I will say about Wilson is that he seems to have improved from his first game until now which is nice to see. The fumbling issue from game one has not resurfaced and he has shown us some nice runs.

On the other hand, Lucky seems to be regressing a bit to me. What about his yards after contact? I know many people just want to look past it, but that 3rd quarter fumble was just awful.

I'm getting where I don't have a lot of confidence in Lucky when he has the ball. I don't feel that way when any of the other three are carrying the ball. When I watch Lucky for a couple of series, the question seems to come to mind - Is he going to get dinged up or make a big mistake? Which comes first?

I'm not saying Lucky should ride the pine for the whole game and not see the field again. I just hate to see the guy "rewarded" with another start in what has been a very public battle at the position.

At the very least, give Kenny Wilson a start because we all know they aren't going to give Glenn a real chance!!

We were never in a position for "short-hard-nose-run-up-the-gut-football". How many times were we 3rd and short... not very many, maybe the first drive when we were 4th and 2 and had to punt... that's it.

Speed is an issue -- watch Glenn vs. Lucky in a footrace, then watch the end when Glenn finishes 4-5 lengths behind Lucky. Glenn simply can't hit outside holes quick enough.

I love our 4-back rotation -- but there are times when you have to adjust -- "Calla-norvell" did just that for this game, run with speed was the best chance we had at winning this game.

Complain all you want, but Callahan did the best job possible with the talent we have right now. Run the ball - shorten the game - keep from entering an air battle.

If we had passed 20+ times in this game (we only threw 16 times + the fake/muffed punt). We would have been throttled -- nothing against the Huskers or Blackshirts, but we couldn't answer Dwayne Jarrett/Steve Smith.

-T :bonez

I would do the research for you and find it but i'm not going to...either believe me or find it but its been written than when running sprints the two are neck and neck. Blow that hot air all u want about Glenn not being fast enough.

To me a 40 time doesnt mean sh#t, how often does a running back get an open 40 yards to run? only after they make it past the defense...somthing Glenn will do better than Lucky because a corner cant take Cody down...period.

I'm sick of the Glenn isn't fast enough...thats a crock...