Where is Cody Glenn???

BigRedRick

Supposedly Glenn had an ankle injury. Something about he injured it in practice. And it looked like on TV that the trainers were putting an air cast on Lucky's left arm.

How was he cleared to play later in the game then? Lucky that is.

I have no idea. Like I said from what I saw on TV it looked like they had an air cast for his arm. Maybe after the TV shot they didn't put it on.

Well, after a game with ZERO rushing attempts you didn't expect to go a whole week without hearing from the C-Train's # 1 fan now did you. Well, wait no more.

Very disappointed in the overall offensive production against 'SC. Also very disappointed with the high school equivalent offensive game plan put together by the Huskers coaches.

And yes, most of all, very disappointed to look over at the sideline constantly to see Glenn riding the pine. I could understand if one of the other running backs was clearly proving to be a dominant runner and had shown they were ready to "take over" this offense. I don't consider 1.9 yards per carry against 'SC as a dominating rushing attack.

To me, it all boils down to your opportunities that you have in each game. This season, as each game goes by, Glenn's opportunities are becoming less and less. What has he done to be put in this position? Led the spring game in rushing. Led the 1st game in rushing and then the coaches pulled in the reins on the C-Train. If Wilson had only gotten two runs in against 'SC and both had happened to be the ones where he was stuffed on the goal line and could not make the touchdown for his team, it might be easy to say, why go with this guy, he can't even gain two yards?

People say well Glenn doesn't run the low 10s 100 meters, or have the 4.3 speed, but I submit to you simply 1.9 yards per carry against 'SC. Surely all of that track speed and athleticism and star rankings led to an impressive rushing effort - well, the stat sheet read 1.9 yards per carry. Is the team really going to take a step back if Glenn had been given 6 or 8 rushing attempts against 'SC?

The coaches appear to be "looking" for a reason to keep Glenn out of the game. I guess he would be banished from carrying the football in a game again this season if he had a CRUCIAL fumble in the 3rd quarter like Marlon Lucky did. What if Glenn had fumbled twice in the 1st game like Kenny Wilson did? Glenn would probably still be hitchhiking his way back to East Texas now if he had committed the mortal sin of losing a fumble in a game. Why the double standard?

Maybe Glenn will get some more opportunities as the season progresses but it looks like the coaches will do everything in their power to "suppress" his abilities. That's too bad. The Husker Nation deserves better, and most of all, Cody Glenn deserves better.

My honest opinion is I think Callahan never saw a chance of winning this game...so he played to not be embarrased.

Swift, Octo., Herian, Purify and Glenn saw very little action if any. I think it is keeping them from getting hurt.

Reason for not using Glenn is...he is the only "big" back. He is the consistant one of the 4. The other 3 were able to play because if one is injured, 2 others that can do the same job. NU only has one Cody Glenn.

My take on this could be completely wrong...or maybe it is just "what I want to believe" but not playing Glenn in this game was either really stupid or...good on his part (keeping him from injury). He would have clearly had a better day running than the other backs...he's too powerful of a back. Also...on his PA play on the 1...he ran over what? 2 or 3 people going into the endzone...Glenn would have been a difference maker in this game.

yep, it sure was and Lucky was pitiful.........with no help from the O line....so when you can't make them miss with that type of runner, might as well send in your "bull" and let him drag them for a couple extra yards......another part of cally's play management that makes no damn sense to me.....HE DID NOT EVEN TRY GLENN! :wtf:wtf

look, again, we KNEW we were out gunned going into this game, but when something (strategy, players) doen't work, MOST coaches will opt for a change.

IMHO cally's stubborn ass approach will not help him lead this team to the next level.....we have seen this before in his game planning..this is like a buiness, when your current strategy is not working, you make changes, personnel or strategy/product mix......it is no different with football and trying to attain success......

hunter

We were never in a position for "short-hard-nose-run-up-the-gut-football". How many times were we 3rd and short... not very many, maybe the first drive when we were 4th and 2 and had to punt... that's it.

Speed is an issue -- watch Glenn vs. Lucky in a footrace, then watch the end when Glenn finishes 4-5 lengths behind Lucky. Glenn simply can't hit outside holes quick enough.

I love our 4-back rotation -- but there are times when you have to adjust -- "Calla-norvell" did just that for this game, run with speed was the best chance we had at winning this game.

Complain all you want, but Callahan did the best job possible with the talent we have right now. Run the ball - shorten the game - keep from entering an air battle.

If we had passed 20+ times in this game (we only threw 16 times + the fake/muffed punt). We would have been throttled -- nothing against the Huskers or Blackshirts, but we couldn't answer Dwayne Jarrett/Steve Smith.

-T :bonez

ylook, again, we KNEW we were out gunned going into this game, but when something (strategy, players) doen't work, MOST coaches will opt for a change.

IMHO cally's stubborn ass approach will not help him lead this team to the next level.....we have seen this before in his game planning..this is like a buiness, when your current strategy is not working, you make changes, personnel or strategy/product mix......it is no different with football and trying to attain success......

hunter

Kind of like all the changes TO & McBride made to their gameplans while playing top Level teams before 93-97. :wacko: I'll even throw in 82-83 when it comes to McBride. People around here act like Callahan is the first coach to stick with his gameplan and is "stubborn" about it. All I have to say is Option to the short side of the field on EVERY single third down.

Where did this myth of Cody Glenn being slow come from? Put 40 pounds of pads on Marlon and Cody and run them in the 40 and I can assure you Cody will not finish 4 or 5 lengths behind Marlon. My bet would be neck and neck. Give C-Train the ball!!!

Considering Lucky's 20 pounds lighter and Wilson's 10 pounds lighter then Glenn, yeah you're probably right. :wacko:

ylook, again, we KNEW we were out gunned going into this game, but when something (strategy, players) doen't work, MOST coaches will opt for a change.

hunter

Kind of like all the changes TO & McBride made to their gameplans while playing top Level teams before 93-97. :wacko: I'll even throw in 82-83 when it comes to McBride. People around here act like Callahan is the first coach to stick with his gameplan and is "stubborn" about it. All I have to say is Option to the short side of the field on EVERY single third down.

then i assume you really enjoyed watching the 4th quarter and the same lame ass play calling and results? he showed me zero imagination and no competitiveness!

let's just watch the rest of the year and see how other teams coach/play and change things up against USC.....

hunter

Yeah let's just watch the rest of the year and see how many games we win and when we only lose maybe one more then everyone will see what Callahan was trying to do!!!! :wacko:

Now back on topic Cody Glenn is a great bruising running back, but I don't know if he could've even run in between the tackles against USC. They were stopping a lot of the things we were doing and when we started doing things right something bad would happen. That's the luck of the draw I guess!!!! :dunno