Billy C didnt plan to win, d9idnt coach to win

BigRedRick

Man, come on guys and gals lets stay a little positive here!!! I can see what you are saying and I appreciate your opinion, but I can't say that is what happened here because that would be an assumption and I don't know what Cally was going for!!! It's unfortunate and I can see how it can be taken that way, but we still have a chance at one hell of a season!!!! :dunno

New to this board, but I completely agree. Callahan played the game to not get embarassed, he didnt play to win. I have to say, I've never been happy about Solich leaving the way he was forced to. I'm not saying Solich was the guy to take us back to the title, but after he got his new staff he didnt get the chance. Now I've given the Callahan a chance, I thought maybe he was moving in the right direction, but I'm not sure I can support the guy now. He coached us to a loss, and did it on purpose.

Pederson finilly got the Huskers to mediocrity. We aren't playing to win these days, we're playing not to be embarrassed.

correct and that sure the hell won't get us to the next level, Ped!

we should have bumped the recivers and not give them a 10-15 yard cushion

We should have passed the ball more then we did tonight.

GBR

:restore

You're kidding me right? Because the minute you move up your DB's the QB checks the play and they burn Grixby for a TD. You start cheating the LB's to the outside and the RB or TE passes in the middle bite ya in the ass.

Man, come on guys and gals lets stay a little positive here!!! I can see what you are saying and I appreciate your opinion, but I can't say that is what happened here because that would be an assumption and I don't know what Cally was going for!!! It's unfortunate and I can see how it can be taken that way, but we still have a chance at one hell of a season!!!!

Hey we can still have a great season, I'm not saying we won't but I'm just not sure Callahan is the right guy for Nebraska anymore. As embarassing as it was to get spanked by Texas Tech a couple years ago, I could almost say it was worse tonight when we didn't even try to win the game.

It's one thing to give it your all and fail, but to not even try is much worse.

I can definately understand how you feel!!!! I'm on the fence right now on being positive or getting pissed!!! I'm just choosing to stay positive because it feels better and I'm looking forward to Troy now!!!! We have two games at home before we go to ISU so let's get a winning streak going again and let ISU know who is the boss of their house when we go there!!!! :box

Anyone notice we were playing absolutely no nickel all game?  I think that just goes to show how thin we are at corner.

Yeah we are REAL thin there! If we weren't I really think we could of put someone in to give Grixby a break. The poor kid was getting ate up more then Magino at a buffet!

:rollin:rollin Yeah, I don't blame the kid though, those recievers were making some excellent moves and catches. USC has too much talent at reciever and I don't know if anyone else on their schedule can play them tough! We may have just lost to a NC game team.

I think what I was most depressed about was the lack of a cohesive game plan. I took the running on first down all the time for awhile thinking that they were doing this to open up things for the receivers, but especially Herian.

As the game kept going I kept getting angrier and angrier at the first down play calling because it was so predictable. Finally at almost the end of the third quarter they throw on two consecutive first downs and make something of it, but by that point it was too late. I feel like he let the players down with the play calling.

Even with the pathetic play calling we are a play or two away from a real competitive game or a win. A bounce here or there and it is very different. Some examples (the hold on the long run early in the game, the potential interceptions of USC right after halftime, don't fumble the ball on our first play of the second half, Shanle makes the interception stopping the drive that leads to their last touchdown.

I have mixed emotions on the game. I think the defense did ok, god knows it could have been worse, the offensive was hiding too much (everything should have been on the line for this game to really make a statement, I think the players played really hard but were let down by their coaches.

However, we need to regroup and move forward. I think we should stay postive and we can still have a good season.

I think the thing that stunned me the most was the unfathomable fact that both the offense and defense were more vanilla or bland than they were in the first two games. Sure they were lesser opponents but NOTHING was attempted on either side of the ball. The most impressive play was the accidental play on the "fake" punt.

Sometimes it seems that Coach Callahan doesn't utilize players in a game because he believes the other team is looking for that player. Last year against Texas Tech it was touted that Barry Turner would have a break out game yet hardly played. Same with Glenn in a couple games last year. The same with Purify this game. It's almost as if the fact that these players names are brought up the other team is gameplanning for them and he better not use them. That'll show 'em. Scary if that is truly the case. Because athletes of this caliber should be given the chance to prove the other team can't stop them.

Coach Solich started to get us used to losing but this game left me feeling numb. Maybe things will start to look like football again next week.

I am very pissed as a HUSKER fan we didnt not play to win we played to keep the score low on use from getting made fun of on national tv. Steve Peterson said when he fired coach solich that we are not going to give up the big 12 to different teams! COACH C gave up on this game from the start! I am very very dissapointed we have really good rec. core and we didnt use it !

P.S. I am very drunk too hope you understood my point

Just got back home from the game Long drive and not many smiles. I was sitting in the endzone so the look was one dimensional. Was there a reason why we attempted to step up the ground attack. On the fake punt I thought the flood gates were going to open but just a dribble. :) Too tired to type more.

GBR