New Depth Chart is Out!

Cody Glenn still listed as the CO-#1....With the way things have gone this year...

Leads in rushing first game, less action 2nd...gets two TDs still, see LITTLE action (two plays) in 3rd game...., I wonder if they will even let the man dress out for this one.

SOOO Strange to me when one of your LISTED #1 backs...doesnt run the ball.

The offensive line isn't really that young. Of the 6 down counting the tight end, we have 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and 2 sophomores. Normally, we wouldn't see sophomores but Wiegert and some others started when they were sophomores. My question is this: if Murtha is so good, why isn't he starting? What happened to the Piccous? I see where the one is a junior and doesn't start. Did he not pan out, or has he been injured? I know we've recruited heavily in this area, but I don't see the names listed. As I've said before, I'm the most disappointed in our offensive line. With this being BC's background, I really thought it would be the strength of our team. So far going through 2 years and starting year 3, the offensive line is a liability.

For the state of Nebraska having no talent, we sure do have a lot in the number 1 or number 2 slots from Nebraska. On the defensive side of the ball, almost half of the starters are from right here at home. How many of these guys in the number 1 or 2 slot were walk ons? I still wonder why we've widdled the walk on program down.

In terms of Glenn not getting much playing time, maybe he's been slacking in practice. Maybe his grades aren't up to snuff. Maybe he's a little banged up or at least the coaching staff believes so. There's a number of reasons why he saw little action. Unless you're in practice everyday, I don't know how we're supposed to know why he didn't play.

For the state of Nebraska having no talent, we sure do have a lot in the number 1 or number 2 slots from Nebraska.  On the defensive side of the ball, almost half of the starters are from right here at home.

3 of the starters are the defensive backs, which everyone, maybe even yourself, is putting down. One of the others is Ruud, which has received ample criticism.

How many of these guys in the number 1 or 2 slot were walk ons?  I still wonder why we've widdled the walk on program down.

OMG the walk on program!!1! :hmmm

If you want feedback regarding that subject from an insider, why don't you read one of, oh I dunno, about 12 articles with Brandon Rigoni over the summer and into fall practice. And to answer your question, 0 of those guys on the 2 deep are walk ons from the state of Nebraska.

dedhoarse

Yep, it's still dead. Go ahead and kick it a couple of times for good measure though. :thumbs

The offensive line isn't really that young.  Of the 6 down counting the tight end, we have 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and 2 sophomores.  Normally, we wouldn't see sophomores but Wiegert and some others started when they were sophomores.  My question is this:  if Murtha is so good, why isn't he starting?  What happened to the Piccous?  I see where the one is a junior and doesn't start.  Did he not pan out, or has he been injured?  I know we've recruited heavily in this area, but I don't see the names listed.

If you haven't noticed 7 of the Top 10 linemen are guys that this Staff Recruited. You say not very many Sophomores play but then go on to question why Murtha, who is a Sophomore, isn't starting. Which is it? There are 4 Sophs's and 1 Frosh on the two deep which if you ask me would still make us pretty young.

Didn't Murtha redshirt? Isn't he in his 3rd year? Isn't Piccou in his 3rd year? All I heard was #1 or #2 recruting class, and now my question is where are they now? Beck is gone. LJackson is gone. How many of that class are actually contributing? Didn't we have like the 38th or 39th recruting class last year? It's amazing how everyone got excited about Solich's inability to land a top 10 recruting class are the same ones now saying that 4 or 5 stars really doesn't mean that much. My biggest question is where are they now? We put a lot of emphasis on the O-Line. Where is the fruits or our labor? All I heard was how Murtha was a stud. Okay, if he's in his 3rd year why isn't he starting? All I heard was how great it was we snagged him over Minnesota. Let's see it on the field. Yeah I question Murtha. If you take away Beck and L Jackson, where does that recruting class finish? I'm sorry but too much emphasis was made on that 1 single recruiting class. I'm sorry if I'm wondering what the hell happened to the O-Linemen that were recruited in that class. It doesn't take a genious to figure out our O-Line just isn't there yet.

Didn't Murtha redshirt? Isn't he in his 3rd year?

Yes

Isn't Piccou in his 3rd year?

No, second year. He redshirted last season. Rodney Picou got booted from the team in the spring because of grades.

All I heard was #1 or #2 recruting class, and now my question is where are they now?  Beck is gone.  LJackson is gone.  How many of that class are actually contributing?

Zac Taylor, Marlon Lucky, Jacob Hickman, Matt Slauson, Cody Glenn, Steve Octavien, Barry Cryer, Ndamakong Suh, Ola Dagundaro, Zack Bowman, Phillip Dillard, Frantz Hardy, Barry Turner, Bryan Wilson, Jordan Congdon and Zach Potter. Others are working themselves in or been slowed by injury. It takes more than 1 season to see the real fruits of a recruiting class.

Didn't we have like the 38th or 39th recruting class last year?

I think it was actually about 19th or 20th.

It's amazing how everyone got excited about Solich's inability to land a top 10 recruting class are the same ones now saying that 4 or 5 stars really doesn't mean that much.

A big problem with who Solich recruited was character-related. Many of the guys that didn't last with Callahan are those that had no work ethic, i.e Andy Birkel.

My biggest question is where are they now?  We put a lot of emphasis on the O-Line.  Where is the fruits or our labor?

Well, from Callahan's 2 full and 1 partial recruiting class, he has 7 guys on the 2 deep on the offensive line. They struggled against a great USC team. :moreinteresting

All I heard was how Murtha was a stud.  Okay, if he's in his 3rd year why isn't he starting?  All I heard was how great it was we snagged him over Minnesota.  Let's see it on the field.  Yeah I question Murtha.

I question him too. He has all the physical tools, just has to put it together on the field. I think he is getting closer and closer to that point.

If you take away Beck and L Jackson, where does that recruting class finish?

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

I'm sorry if I'm wondering what the hell happened to the O-Linemen that were recruited in that class.

Picou, Slauson and Hickman are already contributors in their second season.

It doesn't take a genious to figure out our O-Line just isn't there yet.

No, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the line isn't there yet, but some of these guys are real green. I think the big OL class that we had was in 06.

Didn't Murtha redshirt?  Isn't he in his 3rd year?

Yes

Isn't Piccou in his 3rd year?

No, second year. He redshirted last season. Rodney Picou got booted from the team in the spring because of grades.

All I heard was #1 or #2 recruting class, and now my question is where are they now?  Beck is gone.  LJackson is gone.  How many of that class are actually contributing?

Zac Taylor, Marlon Lucky, Jacob Hickman, Matt Slauson, Cody Glenn, Steve Octavien, Barry Cryer, Ndamakong Suh, Ola Dagundaro, Zack Bowman, Phillip Dillard, Frantz Hardy, Barry Turner, Bryan Wilson, Jordan Congdon and Zach Potter. Others are working themselves in or been slowed by injury. It takes more than 1 season to see the real fruits of a recruiting class.

Didn't we have like the 38th or 39th recruting class last year?

I think it was actually about 19th or 20th.

It's amazing how everyone got excited about Solich's inability to land a top 10 recruting class are the same ones now saying that 4 or 5 stars really doesn't mean that much.

A big problem with who Solich recruited was character-related. Many of the guys that didn't last with Callahan are those that had no work ethic, i.e Andy Birkel.

My biggest question is where are they now?  We put a lot of emphasis on the O-Line.  Where is the fruits or our labor?

Well, from Callahan's 2 full and 1 partial recruiting class, he has 7 guys on the 2 deep on the offensive line. They struggled against a great USC team. :moreinteresting

All I heard was how Murtha was a stud.  Okay, if he's in his 3rd year why isn't he starting?  All I heard was how great it was we snagged him over Minnesota.  Let's see it on the field.  Yeah I question Murtha.

I question him too. He has all the physical tools, just has to put it together on the field. I think he is getting closer and closer to that point.

If you take away Beck and L Jackson, where does that recruting class finish?

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

I'm sorry if I'm wondering what the hell happened to the O-Linemen that were recruited in that class.

Picou, Slauson and Hickman are already contributors in their second season.

It doesn't take a genious to figure out our O-Line just isn't there yet.

No, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the line isn't there yet, but some of these guys are real green. I think the big OL class that we had was in 06.

Great post DJR, thanks. I loved the tree falling in the woods comment! :rollin

Maybe I read it wrong, but according to the depth chart Piccou is a junior. Maybe things have changed from when I was in school, but I thought a Junior was in his 3rd year. I hope we get some "real fruit" from Taylor, Cryer, and Dagunduro as they don't have any time after this year left.

When you take your number 3 and 4 highest according to rivals recruits and they leave, I'm guessing your ranking falls just a tad bit with it. In the beginning, we got a new coach because recruiting was terrible. Now, it's 4 and 5 stars really don't mean much. Where's our talent going? It's leaving the team and going elsewhere. We follow up the 05 recruiting class with #20? This is definitely showing the train is back on track. :sarcasm

If lack of talent is really the reason for our falling out, I think somethig better than 20 is definitely going to have to be reached every year. In 2002 of the top 10 teams according to rivals for recruiting, only 3 of those teams are ranked in the college football top 10 in 2006. Miami who had the 4th best recruiting class in 2002 isn't even in college football's top 25. West Virginia is ranked number 4 and yet they had the 33rd ranked recruiting class.

I never said great recruits equates to winning. This is all that was flying around 3 years ago. I just want to know where are they now? I'm guess Miami is asking the same questions.

Maybe I read it wrong, but according to the depth chart Piccou is a junior. Maybe things have changed from when I was in school, but I thought a Junior was in his 3rd year.

Picou came to NU with 3 years to play 2. He was a JUCO transfer. He sat out last year, that's how he is a Junior and this is his second year here. I went to school and got edumacated as well. It done did me well.

I hope we get some "real fruit" from Taylor, Cryer, and Dagunduro as they don't have any time after this year left.

Well, since all 3 are starters, I think that speaks for itself. All were major contributors last year as well. This isn't very difficult to comprehend.

When you take your number 3 and 4 highest according to rivals recruits and they leave, I'm guessing your ranking falls just a tad bit with it.  In the beginning, we got a new coach because recruiting was terrible.  Now, it's 4 and 5 stars really don't mean much.  Where's our talent going?  It's leaving the team and going elsewhere.  We follow up the 05 recruiting class with #20?  This is definitely showing the train is  back on track. :sarcasm

I just listed 17 guys from that recruiting class that are regular contributors and your are splitting hairs on stars? That truly shows your genious(misspelled on purpose for emphasis).

I never said great recruits equates to winning.  This is all that was flying around 3 years ago.  I just want to know where are they now?  I'm guess Miami is asking the same questions.

No it doesn't, but it helps. Why do you need to know "where are they know?" I just listed 17 regular contributors from that class. Some JUCO, but some are sophmores and redshirt freshmen. Before you post next time asking about recruiting classes, look at the depth chart, a participation chart or go to a game and see all the newcomers that play. If nothing else you'll have fun going to a game.