I am very impressed with...

He was 1 bright spot from last nights game. He is looking good. I would love to see him on one of the go routes where he is able to go get the ball like Hardy last night. Another thing, why haven't we thrown him the jump ball in the endzone. I thought that was 1 reason why we needed the big receivers. Lets put him on the wide side of the field and throw a fade to the corner of the endzone and see if he can get it. His size can definitely be a weapon.

Mo Purify made a great contribution, but so did at least 3 others:

Franz Hardy - the long TD passes

T Nunn - some really clutch passes

Nate Swift caught just 2 passes (the only 2 thrown to him I think) - but both were HUGE - the 2 point conversion which ensured the OT situation and the 21 yd gain in OT which set up the winning TD. Last yeat Swift emerged as the most dependable WR, but this year he is middle-of-the-pack.

The passing game saved the game & gave us the win. But I'm curious....

1) Why so few passes to our TE? No catches by Herian. Last year we kept hearing how we needed good TE's to make our passing game complete. Yet, they really didn't participate in the KU game.

2) When will someone become the "go to guy"? Most great passing teams have an outstanding receiver and lots of support people. We have lots of support people and no one who has become the "leader".

3) Is it our strategy to eliminate any receiver who is a leader? (Same with running back).

I think that we didnt look to the te as much in this game because Kansas was taking away the middle of the field. We were able to get a hell of alot of one on one matchups on the outside, and we burned them for three big pass plays out there. I think that is just what Kansas was content to do the entire night, and challenge our wide outs. Talib is an nfl caliber corner too, so i dont know that I would have played in any differently either.