So the big deal is....

Foppa

why is everyone so excited?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the win, was hoping NU would answer well, but this team let Toledo go nuts at home with them. (and score 15 more pts. than Nebraska)

I'll take what I can get. But there is no way this team is off the hook. Again, the offense went 0-comatose in 2.0 seconds once they got a 'commanding' lead. ISU got completely screwed out of a TD, and the playcalling in the second half looked reminisance of USC and KU in trying to not get blown out/not lose, and this is just getting rediculous. I am so glad the Big Red won, but the alarm bells are sounding. Texas? Missouri? At A&M?

Maybe I'm frustrated because I remember how the Huskers should be handling teams, and these guys have the potential to get it done. But sitting on leads is never going to work, and doesn't work well.

Yeah I thought we should air it out some as well, but I'll take the win no matter what we have to do..........The w's matter if we lost because of stupid play calling then it wouldn't be worth it..........when you have the lead by 2 touchdowns you don't want to get too crazy because you are trying to maintain and take the clock down. Plus our defense deserved the rest after last weeks fiasco!!!

it drives me crazy he doesn't keep the play book open. it's like he refuses to step on the other teams throat unless they are a complete push over. i think they could have easily taken the game over in the 2nd half if he would have mixed the pass in with the run a little more like they did in the 1st half.

it drives me crazy he doesn't keep the play book open. it's like he refuses to step on the other teams throat unless they are a complete push over. i think they could have easily taken the game over in the 2nd half if he would have mixed the pass in with the run a little more like they did in the 1st half.

That my friend is the NFL coach still in him. I have noticed most of your NFL coaches do the same thing. Well for the most part. BC needs to realize that this is COLLEGE football and on a moments notice a team can be right back into the game. ala KU!

I agree and I have to say that seeing us run the ball like this tonight brought back memories of the old Nebraska, but we also have the receivers to open it up at anytime and that's nice........... :thumbs

[i meant to add to hazer's comments but must have hit the wrong button.] anyhoooo,

... and, the running game was on, the defense was on, Meyer/Blythe never got much of a chance to do anything because NU had the ball all the time.

Maybe what you're (not you hazer) saying is BC should have given ISU a chance to get their passing game going by giving up TOP.

What else do you guys want? This Nebraska team is not going to blow out every single team they play, especially these decent Big Twelve teams. We got the win, on the road, and the team did a heck of a job. This is a great Nebraska team and they will are getting better each week. I would love to see the old blow out games, but these aren't the same teams. We will Win the North! GBR! :restore:restore:restore

why is everyone so excited?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the win, was hoping NU would answer well, but this team let Toledo go nuts at home with them. (and score 15 more pts. than Nebraska)

Toledo had 3 overtimes to score their points.

I love it in 04 people complain because we were running all over ISU and then Callahan starts calling passes. In 06 we are running all over ISU and Callahan sticks with the running game and people still complain. People around here and in the papers have been saying how this game was going to be tough and possibly a loss then we go in and punch ISU in the mouth and people still aren't happy. I don't understand that. We were up by 21 until a meaningless score with 6 seconds to go.