This is why?

... If we make it to the Big 12 championship game you can bet that we know how to play Texas now, what their weaknesses are and THAT game will mean more because it won't just be a regular season win on Oct. 21st it will be for the BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP and that will mean so much more............. :bonez

Something tells me if we meet again, Texas will attack our corners more...Their O-line looks even better than USC's.

... If we make it to the Big 12 championship game you can bet that we know how to play Texas now, what their weaknesses are and THAT game will mean more because it won't just be a regular season win on Oct. 21st it will be for the BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP and that will mean so much more............. :bonez

Something tells me if we meet again, Texas will attack our corners more...Their O-line looks even better than USC's.

Their O-line definately were picking up our blitzes so that kinda sucked......but they never dominated the running game on us and we stopped them with our defense. The only thing they had was Sweed deep on Grixby or Jones........they were one-dimensional... <_<

I think most reasonable and knowledgeable football fans would agree that Texas has more overall talent and speed than NU. So, then, how could the Huskers play the No. 5 Longhorns so close today?

Besides the fellas playing their hearts out with tons of poise and courage, I believe one has to give a ton of credit to an amazing job of coaching.

Husker fans also showed why Memorial Stadium remains one of the toughest places to play in America.

This one hurts to the point of almost making me physically ill and in spite of an agonizing loss, it's still a good day to be a proud Husker fan.

It sounds bad to say it, but even though we lost it is still positive.........now say we were playing Colorado today and lost to them I would kill one of my dogs!!!!! They are a very good team and we played toe to toe with them 60 minutes of hard nosed smash mouth football!!!!! Great job skers and I'm proud to be part of Husker Nation!!!!! :bonez

I would have never ran a pass on 3rd and 3. 2:20+ on the clock: opponents have 0 time out: into the wind with the snow flying. Punt the ball, let them get it with 1:40-1:3o on the clock and make them drive 50+ yards for a long fg.

Another rant. Why the hell didn't they call a to with 1:07 left when they stopped texas and then burned their 2 tO when texas had a 25 yard fg.

My bro heard my rants and predictions before the play and fumble happened.

BTW: props to the member who called Terrance Nunn good for 1 fumble a game.

I AGREE. WE HAD THE GAME WON IF THEY HAD JUST RAN THE 3RD DOWN, NOT MADE IT, PUNTED AND FORCE TEXAS TO GO 60 YARDS OR SO WITHOUT ANY TIMEOUTS. OUR DEFENSE WOULD HAVE FINISHED

OFF THE GAME. THIS COACH SHOULE REMEMBER THESE ARE KIDS NOT SEASONED PROS THAT CAN MAKE 4 OR 4 YARDS ALMOST EVERY TIME. HE TRIED TO SNATCH DEFEAT OUT THE MOUTH OF VICTORY AT THE

KANSAS GAME AND AGAIN AT IOWA STATE, BUT THE THIRD TIME WAS A CHARM. HE GOT HIS DEFEAT.

HE OWES THE PLAYERS AND FANS AN APOLOGY FOR LOUSEY COACHING IN THIS CASE. THESE KIDS

PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.

I AGREE. WE HAD THE GAME WON IF THEY HAD JUST RAN THE 3RD DOWN, NOT MADE IT, PUNTED AND FORCE TEXAS TO GO 60 YARDS OR SO WITHOUT ANY TIMEOUTS. OUR DEFENSE WOULD HAVE FINISHED

OFF THE GAME. THIS COACH SHOULE REMEMBER THESE ARE KIDS NOT SEASONED PROS THAT CAN MAKE 4 OR 4 YARDS ALMOST EVERY TIME. HE TRIED TO SNATCH DEFEAT OUT THE MOUTH OF VICTORY AT THE

KANSAS GAME AND AGAIN AT IOWA STATE, BUT THE THIRD TIME WAS A CHARM. HE GOT HIS DEFEAT.

HE OWES THE PLAYERS AND FANS AN APOLOGY FOR LOUSEY COACHING IN THIS CASE. THESE KIDS

PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.

First off welcome to the board!!!! :thumbs Secondly I have to disagree with the coaching in this game......I think this was the best coaching I have seen out of Cally yet!!!! He opened up his play book and allowed himself to take chances.........could he have called a timeout with 1:13 left in the game??? Sure he could have......but we wouldn't be having this discussion had mistakes not had been made on the field from the players not the coaches. He calls they plays and they have to run 'em like they are taught. Mistakes happen I can get over that......WE WILL HAVE OUR SHOT AT THESE GUYS COME DEC. 2ND!!!!! :restore

So with your way of thinking we might as well have punted on third down.

Do you think when Callahan called that play he figured we were going to fumble the ball away? I bet he figured if we didn't get the yardage needed(which we did) we would punt the ball away and play defense. So would you have been complaining if we had held onto the ball? I would say you wanted have and you would be saying how it was a great call. Well probably not since your hate for Callahan wouldn't allow you to.

You say you have to take into account who screws up. What does that even mean? We shouldn't throw to Nunn anymore? Or are you once again blaming Callahan like you do every time something doesn't go the Big Red's way.

Some people in the "Husker Nation" kill me. They complain and say Callahan is to conservative and plays not to lose. Then when he does play to win they say he should have been conservative. Some people will never be happy.

You know,Lucky has fumbled in the past, so why the hell was he in the game on the halfback pass.... and Zac had a fumble earlier in the game, so why wasn't Ganz in the game at the end....Glenn has never fumbled in his life,so he needed the ball in his hands at the end................

Do you guys know how stupid that sounds? We all have wanted Cally to use all of his offense, and at the end, he made a great call,the WCO worked,we had a 1st down, and Texas was done, then the football gods gave Texass another freakin chance.I'm going to be frustrated with the crappy luck of today, but VERY happy that I saw lots of effort, and an offensive gameplan that but for bad luck, beat the #5 team in the country. Nunn is a big part of our team, and he needs our support more now then he ever did before.

well, i already read half the replys and it is getting old. The fumble was not the problem, the play call was. With slightly over 2 minutes left and zero timeouts you punt the ball and give them 50 plus yards to drive. You don't give them the chance to get a turnover.

So with your way of thinking we might as well have punted on third down.

No, I would have punted on fourth down with a 1:30 leftish, and given them the long field against the wind with a freshman quarterback, with no timeouts.

PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.

First off welcome to the board!!!! :thumbs Secondly I have to disagree with the coaching in this game......I think this was the best coaching I have seen out of Cally yet!!!! He opened up his play book and allowed himself to take chances.........could he have called a timeout with 1:13 left in the game??? Sure he could have......but we wouldn't be having this discussion had mistakes not had been made on the field from the players not the coaches. He calls they plays and they have to run 'em like they are taught. Mistakes happen I can get over that......WE WILL HAVE OUR SHOT AT THESE GUYS COME DEC. 2ND!!!!! :restore

d

Yes, we have our shotl, hopefully that game is in crappy weather conditions; if this was the best coaching game we saw out of BC, then why did we loose. Its pretty bad when the best coaching game is after a loss. I am not putting the whole responsibility on bc, but judging on your comments, we might as well gravitate towards mediocraty and loose to the texas' and oklahomas' of the worldl.

we lost. its over. the big XII 12 is missouri's to loose and our's to winn. winner takes all*

(do I need to post the astrick, or do most of you understand)

*(the winner of that game wins the norrth barring any other losses. )

PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.

d

Yes, we have our shotl, hopefully that game is in crappy weather conditions; if this was the best coaching game we saw out of BC, then why did we loose. Its pretty bad when the best coaching game is after a loss. I am not putting the whole responsibility on bc, but judging on your comments, we might as well gravitate towards mediocraty and loose to the texas' and oklahomas' of the worldl.

we lost. its over. the big XII 12 is missouri's to loose and our's to winn. winner takes all*

(do I need to post the astrick, or do most of you understand)

*(the winner of that game wins the norrth barring any other losses. )

No I'm saying this is the best I have seen him coach thus far!!!! That's why I said yet........he needs to allow himself to open up the play book and call the plays that he knows his players can run!!! I never said anything about "gravitating towards mediocraty!!!" We are a good team and we were the better team tonight however; we just made more mistakes!!!! Did you watch the same second half that I did???? The first half was terrible. Our defense played well minus our secondary of course, but our offense played horrible. They went in the locker room got each other squared away and came out to kick a$$ and take names. Our offense played better the second half and our defense (again minus our secondary) looked awesome!!!! Don't turn my words around because I'm the one being positive here....... ;)

:nanalama

If Nunn doesn't fumble, the Huskers take 3 knees and the game is over. Unbelieveable. :wacko:

if its and nuts were candy and nuts we would all be nucking futs

Same can be said with the scenario you presented in the original post. You earned a :nanalama

The few, the proud.

Third and semi-short.....Texas stuffing our running game....Bill C made a great call. It was the exact call I was hoping for prior to the snap. Now, lets talk about Mr Fumble. I have been calling Nunn Mr Fumble for the last 2 years. Check the film if you don't believe me. Check the fumbles he has had that we got lucky and recovered. I have mixed feeling on Mr Fumble becuase he makes a few great plays every now and again but I am not sure if it negates his tendency to fumble all the time. Again, BC had the right call...wrong player.