This is why?

:nanalama

If Nunn doesn't fumble, the Huskers take 3 knees and the game is over. Unbelieveable. :wacko:

if its and nuts were candy and nuts we would all be nucking futs

Same can be said with the scenario you presented in the original post. You earned a :nanalama

The few, the proud.

So now I ride a llama or an alapaca because I disagree. I think you deserve an :asshat

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled. :hmmm

You play the what if for your scenario, I say the what if for the scenrio that happened. You say some smart ass remark to me because I DISAGREED WITH YOU. Nice to meet me you Mr. Pot. This just in...you're black. Goodnight everyone, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress. :thumbs

well, i already read half the replys and it is getting old. The fumble was not the problem, the play call was. With slightly over 2 minutes left and zero timeouts you punt the ball and give them 50 plus yards to drive. You don't give them the chance to get a turnover.

So Nunn being PAST the first down marker and then fumbling is not the problem? That makes NO since what so ever. He HAD the first down and then lost the ball. It had nothing to do with the play call but had everything to do with the Texas player making a play. Callahan went for the win which I'll take everytime. Like I've said before it wouldn't have mattered what Callahan called you would of found something to complain about. If he would of ran the ball and got stopped I'm sure you would of complained about the conservative play calling. That crap my friend is what is getting old.

well, i already read half the replys and it is getting old. The fumble was not the problem, the play call was. With slightly over 2 minutes left and zero timeouts you punt the ball and give them 50 plus yards to drive. You don't give them the chance to get a turnover.

So Nunn being PAST the first down marker and then fumbling is not the problem? That makes NO since what so ever. He HAD the first down and then lost the ball. It had nothing to do with the play call but had everything to do with the Texas player making a play. Callahan went for the win which I'll take everytime. Like I've said before it wouldn't have mattered what Callahan called you would of found something to complain about. If he would of ran the ball and got stopped I'm sure you would of complained about the conservative play calling. That crap my friend is what is getting old.

YeaH i m complaining about the p.c calling. run the ball, even if you don't get the 1st . punt the ball. JC don't you read Wake the fu*k up.

This thread should be called "Why nothing Callahan EVER does will be good enough for me." Me being the chap that started this thread not myself.

If you think this was a bad play call you are kidding yourself.

In another thread you might be kidding youreself. But this was a bad loss. Yes, we played w/ Tesas. But we should haVE one. Or at least put the game in the D's hands. I have bitched about this since soon after it happeneed.

Not ral mpressed. Yes, it wasn't BC'x call. but you have to teke into account who screws upl

This is off-topic, but I do believe that is the worst grammar I have ever seen on a message board. On-topic, I agree with the comment about the topic title, stop bitching, we played a very good game and lost by 2 points. Focus on Oklahoma State now and tear them apart.

I don't think you run the ball there. Not right into the teeth of probably the best run defense in the country.

I thought it was an outstanding play call. DJR and I were talking before that play, if you don't run it you run a play like that. Typically to a tight end, but the routes and position packages were a bit different.

Great call, just didn't get it done.

So Callahan owes the players and fans an apology for calling a play that resulted in the needed yardage to win the game against the #5 team in the nation?

LAME!!!!!!!!

Yes, I believe he does owe them an apology. He coached so as to not get beat too badly by USC, and not even try to win.

He went into a prevent pass defense against Kansas and almost lost that game. Our pass defense we

were using during the first 3/4 of the game was not doing too bad.

He pulled the same B.S. against Iowa State and again almost got beat. I realize the pass call in this game would have resulted in a first down had the receiver held on to the ball. but why pass in the first place. A simple run up the middle may have gotten the first down, or maybe not, but the risk of a fumble by Glenn, Lucky, Jackson or even Taylor was a lot less than the odd's of giving it to Nunn to make the play. Nunn had cost the Huskers enough in this game. I believe Callahan is a good enough coach, but he just doesn't have it mentally when the game is on the line. Again, these players play with emotion at this age. Not for the contract they already have in their pockets like the pros.

He should realize this and let them at least have the chance to win and not do the kind of crap he has been doing to feed his own ego. Again, he snatched defeat from the jaw of victory. Way to go!!!!!! :restore

Oh my. I don't think I have ever read something more wrong in my life.

Standard "well the pass didn't work, but the run would have" BS. You could probably change that around if the opposite happened. The fact is the call was there and just didn't get executed. Texas made a good play on the ball and Nunn couldn't hold on.

Maybe someone can tell me, but I simply can't see how coaching causes that fumble. How? Please. Tell me. PLEASE.

How is Callahan responsible for the defensive calls? If he was a defensive Head Coach(Like Stoops) maybe but if I'm not mistaken Cosgrove handles all the defensive calls and formations. Also what ISU game were watching where they almost beat us? If I'm not mistaken we were ahead the whole game by at least two scores.

Callahan played for the win and some people don't like it. Did you think TO owed anyone an apology when he went for the win against Miami. He could have taken the easy way out and kicked the field goal but no like MOST competitive people he went for the win. Callahan went for the win and it didn't work out. You bash him for not trying to beat USC and now bash hm for trying to beat Texas.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that apology either. I'm sure the players that actually play for him don't think they need one as well.

YeaH i m complaining about the p.c calling. run the ball, even if you don't get the 1st . punt the ball. JC don't you read Wake the fu*k up.

I UNDERSTAND what you are attempting to say. I don't agree with any of it which should come as no suprise since I never agree with anything you say. The fact is you will continue to complain about the play calling until Callahan is no longer the coach because like a lot of the "Husker Nation" Callahan can do nothing right in their eyes.

Play for the win or kick the ball away and assume your defense is going to hold them. Give me the play for the win coach everytime. TO did it in 83 and Callahan did it yesterday. When the game is on the line roll the dice. I'm sorry but just running up the middle and punting the ball is playing "Not to lose" which I'm sure you have bashed Callahan for in the past.

:nanalama Please someone pass the Phonics. :nanalama

How is Callahan responsible for the defensive calls? If he was a defensive Head Coach(Like Stoops) maybe but if I'm not mistaken Cosgrove handles all the defensive calls and formations. Also what ISU game were watching where they almost beat us? If I'm not mistaken we were ahead the whole game by at least two scores.

Callahan played for the win and some people don't like it. Did you think TO owed anyone an apology when he went for the win against Miami. He could have taken the easy way out and kicked the field goal but no like MOST competitive people he went for the win. Callahan went for the win and it didn't work out. You bash him for not trying to beat USC and now bash hm for trying to beat Texas.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that apology either. I'm sure the players that actually play for him don't think they need one as well.

:yeah

I UNDERSTAND what you are attempting to say. I don't agree with any of it which should come as no suprise since I never agree with anything you say. The fact is you will continue to complain about the play calling until Callahan is no longer the coach because like a lot of the "Husker Nation" Callahan can do nothing right in their eyes.

Play for the win or kick the ball away and assume your defense is going to hold them. Give me the play for the win coach everytime. TO did it in 83 and Callahan did it yesterday. When the game is on the line roll the dice. I'm sorry but just running up the middle and punting the ball is playing "Not to lose" which I'm sure you have bashed Callahan for in the past.

:nanalama Please someone pass the Phonics. :nanalama

Well put. Play for the WIN, not kick it away and hope they don't score in a minute and a half. Callahan will never be able to do right by some people. I am glad I don't have a supervisor like this any more.

Redundancy seems to be the norm. If everyone would send me $5 I would coach the game after the fact. I would listen to both sides then make the correct call everything FLIPPIN' time. Easiest money I'd have ever made. Once again J/K.

:nanalama We can all be Seifert or Walsh after the fact. :bonez

Yeah..We were way too deep in our own territory to do a 3 & out..And a run up the middle is what they were expecting..Possibly resulting in a fumble...I like Texas chances after a punt, to make a 1st down or two to get them into FG range..even with their "Freshman" QB.

Now if you want to talk about Boneheaded playcalls..

How about Texas throwing into double coverage on 3rd down when they should've just run the ball to get closer to the middle (between the hashmarks) for their last field goal?

I thought we'd pick that one off for sure and end the game right there.

Good call, Callihan (or whoever called the game "to win")...Definite improvement!