Wow some great Nebraska fans you are...

There are a ton on "what if..'s" about this game. You cannot point to the last one and call that the game. Nunn is out there trying to win for his team. If he has a problem holding onto the ball then lets get him carrying that pigskin around campus :lol: , maybe it will help. :dunno Basically, he is one of our go to guys and I want him out there. He just needs to work on some things. :thumbs

The bottom line is this... If we had run the ball, the chances were good we'd be punting. After they recovered the fumble, Texas showed us they were capable of driving down the field into kick range. I think it's very likely they could have mustered a drive if we had punted. Then everyone would be saying we should have passed to get a first down.

They recovered the fumble in our territory, so really they drove down about 30 yards to get in field goal range. The fact is this, Nunn holds onto the ball and we win.

You can't blame one player for losing a team game

That's a fairly inane statement since one player's fumble, interception, failed pass coverage, or missed tackle can certainly be the deciding play in a loss. Just as a completed pass, a touchdown run or a tackle can win or save a game. Besides his final play Nunn also affected the outcome with his inability to field a punt.

Not quite that inane. While one player's fumble, interception, failed pass coverage, or missed tackle can certainly be the deciding play, it presumes that the player's team has been error free throughout the game. Put another way, had we not blown blocking assignments, not had other turnovers, not made mental errors on the punt return, not allowed the long opening kick off return, etc., then we would have been leading by enough of a margin that Nunn's fumble wouldn't matter - the lead would have been too large to overcome by Texas at that point.

While there might be cases in which a team plays error-free except for one player's single mistake, I'm hard pressed to think of it. Which means that each error leads to the loss - and you can't blame it on a single player. But for the other errors, that single player's error wouldn't be the deciding factor. When it is, it's due to the fact that the team didn't play error-free up to that point.

I'll concede that is a more positive viewpoint. Here's to a more error-free game in the Big XII championship! :cheers

The bottom line is this... If we had run the ball, the chances were good we'd be punting. After they recovered the fumble, Texas showed us they were capable of driving down the field into kick range. I think it's very likely they could have mustered a drive if we had punted. Then everyone would be saying we should have passed to get a first down.

They recovered the fumble in our territory, so really they drove down about 30 yards to get in field goal range. The fact is this, Nunn holds onto the ball and we win.

Then why not blame the Blackshirts for allowing them to drive 30 yards and kick the field goal??

Lets bottom line this whole issue. He made a mistake , so did several others. We came an eyelash from beating the former national champ and pick to be big 12 champ this season.

Moral victories suck, but know one thing . Texas and everyone watching knows now that we are not a team that will be beat easily at all. We will play them again. Nunn will play in that game and several more. I support him and all Husker players, they are members of the team I love. End of story.

Lets bottom line this whole issue. He made a mistake , so did several others. We came an eyelash from beating the former national champ and pick to be big 12 champ this season.

Moral victories suck, but know one thing . Texas and everyone watching knows now that we are not a team that will be beat easily at all. We will play them again. Nunn will play in that game and several more. I support him and all Husker players, they are members of the team I love. End of story.

And that should bring an end to this thread as far as I'm concerned!!!!! Great post HSKRNOKC!!!!