Cosgrove

So "the people in the know" like the corners playing 12-15 yards off the ball EVERY play and giving up 10-15 yards per play? I realize why they are doing that but just once can we play bump and run, just once??? Oh I forgot that was back in the good old days when we were giving up 500 yards to 1 player (Brad Smith)!!

You ever played corner before? You familiar with any kind of technique in playing the position or are you just talking smack? I am guessing the latter.

You really think a corner like Grixby could get away with playing a guy 2 yards away from the line of scrimmage? Wanna see someone get beat on a post or a go? Try it and let me know how it works out for you.

:yeah Grixby just isn't strong enough or fast enough to play man with anyone!!! He would be getting his a$$ kicked more than he is now!!!! He just doesn't have the talent to keep up with a lot of receivers......

So "the people in the know" like the corners playing 12-15 yards off the ball EVERY play and giving up 10-15 yards per play? I realize why they are doing that but just once can we play bump and run, just once??? Oh I forgot that was back in the good old days when we were giving up 500 yards to 1 player (Brad Smith)!!

You ever played corner before? You familiar with any kind of technique in playing the position or are you just talking smack? I am guessing the latter.

You really think a corner like Grixby could get away with playing a guy 2 yards away from the line of scrimmage? Wanna see someone get beat on a post or a go? Try it and let me know how it works out for you.

Ah yes, and finally the inpenatrable argument of "You can't do it any better so don't rail on him" rears its ugly head.

Bottom line, this D was decimated by injuries and, sorry, was grossly overrated. Leading the NCAA in sacks was nice, but it means nothing when the QB isn't getting sacked, he's gashing the secondary, or in Brad Smith's case, gashing the front 7.

Does Cosgrove deserve to get fired? Probably not, but more games like OSU and it will get ugly.

I can't speak for everyone, but my big beef is I thought this team was talented enough to be better than they have shown. Bad losses to teams inferior to us should have stopped in '04. The coaching staff needs to be harder on themselves and get this team on a faster track. They're certainly getting paid like they're Pete Carroll

Here is my main problem with Coz. We had a great D coming back in 04, great secondary, most of the players from the pervious year, and they were horrible. Week in and week out they got destroyed by teams that shouldn't be doing that to the blackshirts. If some coaching can make players worse, that staff that year sure showed it. GBR

Ah yes, and finally the inpenatrable argument of "You can't do it any better so don't rail on him" rears its ugly head.

Bottom line, this D was decimated by injuries and, sorry, was grossly overrated. Leading the NCAA in sacks was nice, but it means nothing when the QB isn't getting sacked, he's gashing the secondary, or in Brad Smith's case, gashing the front 7.

Does Cosgrove deserve to get fired? Probably not, but more games like OSU and it will get ugly.

I can't speak for everyone, but my big beef is I thought this team was talented enough to be better than they have shown. Bad losses to teams inferior to us should have stopped in '04. The coaching staff needs to be harder on themselves and get this team on a faster track. They're certainly getting paid like they're Pete Carroll

I wasn't saying "He could do it any better." I was trying to point out that the standard armchair quarterbacking, or in this case, armchair defensive back, is a load of BS and really shows how some folks really have no clue. Good DB's can man up with a guy. When you are Grixby, you are gonna get toasted every single time if you try to man up on someone like Dwayne Jarrett. You gotta play solid technique keep everything in front of you.

Thenarse has lined up on recievers in the slot a few times up tight. Maybe he has what it takes?

I would agree that the defense can and should do better. They have been just plain bad in two games this year, KU and OSU. Is it coaching? I'd believe it was coaching if the defense sucked every game for the past 3 years. I don't think we really played anything out of the ordinary on Saturday as far as defense in concerned. Just didn't flat get it done if you ask me.

It was a bad day, it showed yet again that if the front 7 can't get to the QB every time (And they can't....no defense can) our secondary is going to get exposed.

To quote every athlete...."It is what it is"

No doubt. DB's can only cover for so long before someone pops open. I don't think we've had many coverage sacks. Mostly good moves upfront to beat blocks.

Coz has an inconsistent defense. I think that the product on the field is proof of that. Will he be fired? Probably not . Should he be fired? No , in my opinion there are to many variables that come into play other than coaching.

Injuries have killed us. Would we still be having this conversation if Bowman anchored our secondary and Grix only saw nickel and dime packages? That is just one what if that applies to injuries.

Next year our defense looks stacked. If we come out of the preseason healthy, we should se marginably better consistency from our D.

I think it is just to early for calling for anyones head on a platter.

It sucks ass to watch teams run all over our D. Especially when we thought that the D would be our strength this season. Injuries and a secondary that is just flat weak are killing us. Not Coz IMO.

but last year we, uh, led the nation in sacks.

Damn it, that is not good enough!!!! :sarcasm

It is if you keep it up year to year, but his point was all three years have sucked over and over which is pretty much just wrong.

We fans like to treat sports like black boxes, because really we have to. We don't know what is going inside that black box, nor can we really. Unless you are an uberinsider. So thus you really start guessing. Start making retarded claims that to believe them, you'd have to agree that any coach who has been coaching for 20+ years has really been fooling his bosses all along.

Seriously, dude, lay off the red bull. "Black box"? "Uberinsider"? "Retarded claims"? Mod or no mod, chill a little. I have no idea what is being said here. I dont care. It's not how I treat sports is what I am saying. Okay peace-out!

Oh yeah, I dont think he should be fired. Or at least singled out. The talent is good, just not great. Maybe even a little overrated. But if I were to fire one person, I would clean the whole house - if I was the AD. I look at the record for this group, the teams we've played, and the scores. Moral victories were great in the 70's and 80's. I would tell this group, you had a chance - 3 years. Not bad, not great, not good enough. As a business man, see ya goodbye. Next.

but last year we, uh, led the nation in sacks.

Damn it, that is not good enough!!!! :sarcasm

It is if you keep it up year to year, but his point was all three years have sucked over and over which is pretty much just wrong.

We fans like to treat sports like black boxes, because really we have to. We don't know what is going inside that black box, nor can we really. Unless you are an uberinsider. So thus you really start guessing. Start making retarded claims that to believe them, you'd have to agree that any coach who has been coaching for 20+ years has really been fooling his bosses all along.

Seriously, dude, lay off the red bull. "Black box"? "Uberinsider"? "Retarded claims"? Mod or no mod, chill a little. I have no idea what is being said here. I dont care. It's not how I treat sports is what I am saying. Okay peace-out!

You missed the point. The point is that most fans really have no idea what's going on within the core of the team, thus you start guessing based on what FSN or ABC showed you. No red bull here unless jaeger is involved.