Taylor and Keller?

We need a more moble QB. Zac has no mobility at all. Even if he doesn't run more for yardage he needs to be more mobile to evade a sac by getting rid of the ball. In Zac's favor though, with the pounding he took last season if he had tried to run the ball more we would have had to finish the season with Ganz as QB.

Keller is not much of a runner either. Last season he finished with -94 yards and a -4.9 average. Although I'm sure he lost a lot of those yards on pass plays that collapsed.

This offense is not built for a mobile QB people.

Yeah, Rich Gannon and Steve Young weren't mobile QB's :sarcasm

I think Zac Taylor is a very good QB but he has no mobility on blitzes. I know Sam Keller will be a very good QB next year, but does he have more mobility than Zac does?

The thing that I fear about having a mobile QB in this offense is that mobile QB's tend to be less patient in the pocket. I just don't think that a mobile QB would work in this offense.

And boy was it a pretty run,lol. First he braces himself for 3 seconds then sees he hasn't got hit yet and says gosh, i can run.

Can you do us a favor and run along and be "busy" for another 5 weeks?. Sure was nice while you were away!

We need a more moble QB. Zac has no mobility at all. Even if he doesn't run more for yardage he needs to be more mobile to evade a sac by getting rid of the ball. In Zac's favor though, with the pounding he took last season if he had tried to run the ball more we would have had to finish the season with Ganz as QB.

Keller is not much of a runner either. Last season he finished with -94 yards and a -4.9 average. Although I'm sure he lost a lot of those yards on pass plays that collapsed.

Yeah, Rich Gannon and Steve Young weren't mobile QB's :sarcasm

LMAO I was thinking the same thing! Don't forget Favre under Holmgren. The same Holmgren that was taught the WCO under Bill Walsh!!!

This is got to be the Stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life... West coast offense is not built for a moble QB... What the Hell was steve Young..... I guess he was a slow old fart... Come on look at damn near every tem that is winning has a MOBILE QB....

Willis

I prefer to focus on the real issue, that being the offensive line. We need to continue to recruit and build up a line that allows us to run the offense. Sure, a mobile quarterback has its advantages but is not the answer.

:yeah

Most coaches say that you build a team through the offensive line and the secondary. We have seen that when Taylor has protection, he does everything you could ask of a quarterback. We've also seen that when the line doesn't open holes, the running backs - no matter how great - can't make yards.

Get back to having great offensive lines, and you can get by with less than stellar talent at almost every position...

We got a boat load of offensive linemen in our last recruiting class. I don't remember the total number of them right off the top of my head but it had to be six or seven of them. Hopefully they wil start to step up soon. I understand Callahan may want them to redshirt and bulk up first but by the time the spring game comes around they should be ready to start seeing some playing time.