Defense

What are we doing diffrent this year?? last year we led the nation in sacks this year were getting very little pressure on the QB's i have to imagine its bc were not rushing with our LB's as much since our DB's need help in coverage

I think our issues in the secondary are hamstringing the whole defense.

I whole heartly agree

What are we doing diffrent this year?? last year we led the nation in sacks this year were getting very little pressure on the QB's i have to imagine its bc were not rushing with our LB's as much since our DB's need help in coverage

We lost LeKevin Smith and Titus Adams both to the NFL. It's very hard to lose two starters off of the defensive line to the NFL without it having an effect on the pressure you are putting on QB's.

Was anyone really impressed with the D today? The 1st half they were pretty good but like last week the 2nd half was a totally diffrent story...i mean 4th and 16 and Mizzou scores a TD??? I was a little disapointed in the preformance today by our D

Go Big Red!

We lucked out that their QB could NOT hit the wide open receivers in the endzone. Goddamn... that could have been a nasty, nasty game

I thought our defense played well considering they just are not all that great to begin with. They started the game with back to back three and outs and then caused a turnover on the third possession. They tackled pretty well (alot better then last year's missou game). We were also able to get some pressure on Daniels with just four guys.

I think our issues in the secondary are hamstringing the whole defense.

I whole heartly agree

:yeah

I *know* that i just mentioned it, but did you see the wide-open guys in the endzone? That spells trouble for us if we have anyone left on our schedule that has 1) a qb who can throw accurately 2) a VCR.

Gahh... I felt sick on that play where grixby fell down... coulda been an easy six if QB could have not over-thrown him.

Since we didn't get the game here in Washington, I went and played flag football for a couple of hours. Good win.

Query: How did Octavien and McKeon do?

And: Did we see more nickel and dime packages?

There were really no standard "nickel" or "dime" played in the game AFAIK.Sometimes Culbert would play in the middle of the field sort of where the middle linebacker would be. 4 safteys in the game at some points.

I watched a bit of LSU last night with Pellini on the sideline. Why did we let him go? Jeez their defense rocked.

y'know, if huskernation don't quit pickin' at that scab, we're gonna get one deuce of a scar that'll never heal.

he's gone. for the love of devaney, let... him... go...

I know the D wasn't dominating but they forced some key turnovers that really made a difference in the game. Sounds like our new defensive backs could be the real deal in a year or two

To me, it would help if these new defensive backs got in the game more now. es, their inexp. would show, but at least there is an upside to thier learning the scheme. Andre Jones was propped as being a 5 star recruit and he needs to play 12 yds off or he gets burned. And, Grix is unreal. Lets try and get the younger ones in there some more.

Honestly, I was scared shitless that MU at the end of the game kep them selves alive with 4th and 16 conversions and ovbvious passing 3rd downs. The whole stadium knew a pass was coming, and there was still a wide open reciever