Big 12 Championship thoughts

Well we are going to the Big 12 Championship Game. We control our own destiny. All we need to do is win one of our next two games. For any other northern team to go they would have to win out and we would have to drop both of our last two games. That's not going to happen.

As far as the game goes, Texas will be a bit more focused this time. They know we should have won the first game and they got lucky on that fumble. But in our favor we will be healthy this time around. We play A&M this week then have a week off to rest and heal up. Texas has the 18th off as well but they don't have the same injury problems we do.

Of course it's impossible to say who is going to win the game in Arrowhead. Texas certainly has better depth. And the field is a bit more neutral. The longhorns certainly won't have to deal with the crowd the way they did in Lincoln. But we have some great players at the skill positions. Jackson is hitting his stride and we have some great receivers as well. And if we keep kicking the ball into the end zone who knows? But we have to play mistake free. We can't give away the ball or fumble the way we did in the first game.

Nebraska 28

Texas 24

Texas would have to lose both of their remaining games and OU would have to win out to get to the championship game. Correct??????

Correct. Texas would have to lose to the aggies, and to KSU, and in that event, the aggies win the south with a win vs NU and OU wins by winning outand an A&M loss to NU.

Lets not mark the Colorado game down as a win just yet. They may be having a very down year. But you can bet your bottom dollar that they will be fired up and will hold nothing back when they come into to Lincoln after Thanksgiving. They will have nothing to lose and they take this game way more seriously than what Nebraska has in the past. A win against us would make their season. We cannot take them lightly.

Lets not mark the Colorado game down as a win just yet. They may be having a very down year. But you can bet your bottom dollar that they will be fired up and will hold nothing back when they come into to Lincoln after Thanksgiving. They will have nothing to lose and they take this game way more seriously than what Nebraska has in the past. A win against us would make their season. We cannot take them lightly.

Exactly right we are in no position to assume anything we already lost to a team we "should" have beat. 1 game at a time Boys no looking ahead look what happened to michigan and ohio state either team could have lost because they were looking ahead. We are not in any position to assume any win.

I hope we win, I really do... but there is a team in the basement of the B12S that hung 41 on us that this texas team beat by 26.

I'm guessing that it's going to be more like

UT 48

NU 19

They'll watch the MU tapes and see all of the wide open receivers and tear us apart. All of those open guys in and around the end zone really left me unsettled.

HOWEVER-- if we patch up the holes that let those guys get open in the first place, I think that we'll see a score much like our first match up but with us on top!

Which defense will show up?? Is that a coin-toss when it comes to making a call like this?

NU 28

UT 24

The sick thing is that after OSU I have my hopes (latter score) but then I have a huge amout of data that says something totally horrible could happen!! AHHH! We need them all to crack open their secret ensignia rings and pop the Underdog Super Energy Pills!