Next Time Nebraska wins the National Championship?

I honestly think next year we will. Keller will be great, all the backs return as do the wr core, and we only lose a few lineman.

On D, all the starters on the line are gone, but with Turner, Potter, and Suh, I'm confident with them. And it's not like our d-line has had a huge year anyways. All the lb's return except for Stew Bradley, and Dillard returns, plus the addition of Blake Lawrence. In the secondary, we return a lot of young talent, and with the return of Bowman, they should be good. There are also some good recruits coming in there.

So next year is as good of a year as any imo. Will it happen? Who knows, but it's not out of the question in my mind.

I honestly think next year we will. Keller will be great, all the backs return as do the wr core, and we only lose a few lineman.

On D, all the starters on the line are gone, but with Turner, Potter, and Suh, I'm confident with them. And it's not like our d-line has had a huge year anyways. All the lb's return except for Stew Bradley, and Dillard returns, plus the addition of Blake Lawrence. In the secondary, we return a lot of young talent, and with the return of Bowman, they should be good. There are also some good recruits coming in there.

So next year is as good of a year as any imo. Will it happen? Who knows, but it's not out of the question in my mind.

you're right we do have a better chance next year.

NC years need as much luck as talent. With the exception of the 95 team that just steamrolled anything in it's path, all of the past NU championship teams had things bounce the right way in games. I think we will be back to contending next year, but to actually get it, that is too hard to tell.

:yeah On needing luck, yeah that's for sure. Look at Ohio St. As good as they are they almost ran out of luck this weekend. Michigan too. Take one team for granted and it could bite you in the butt. That doesn't count all the other factors you have no control over, e.g., teams you don't play, etc.

I just want us back playing head to head with the elites.

Tell Me when you think Nebraska is going to get a National championship

*i can't spell very good*

Next 5-15 years is when i think nebraska is going to get it.

Well, the school was around for ~102 years before we won the first one... hehehe.

Tell Me when you think Nebraska is going to get a National championship

*i can't spell very good*

Next 5-15 years is when i think nebraska is going to get it.

FYI-You're not the only one that can't spell. :)

I'd actually been giving that some thought as to whether the team is approaching another championship cycle. It started with the championships in 1970 and 1971. Then there was the coaching change and Coach Osborne had them on the brink in 1982 and 1983. They were one bad call and one play away in those respective years. The team fell off until the glory years of 1993 to 1997. Another coaching change and the 2001 team made a run but were more pretender than contender. Here we are with another coach and he has everything moving in the right direction.

I thought the play of the young O-line against Missouri shows alot of promise. That will be a key piece of the puzzle. If Keller is as good as advertised and judging by his previous Pac-10 numbers he seems to be then we have a QB to put up monster numbers next year. We'll have all the RB stable back and great depth at WR with Purify and Swift leading the way. The defense has many young and very talented players getting experience and they show great promise. Suh, Turner, Potter, Thenarse and Culbert exhibit this while the LB corps only loses Bradley. With Bowman back this looks to be a very dominating defense and defense wins championships.

With Keller leading an explosive offense and an aggressive D the 2007 team may remind us of the 1995 champions. Here's to hoping! :restore

Looking ahead at our schedule the two biggest games we'll have are USC and the horns. USC is at Lincoln, the horns is an away game. With an improved offensive line we will have one of the best offenses in divison 1A. On defense we lose a chunk of our front seven but we should get better production out of our defensive backs. Going undefeated certainly is possible. We are playing in a weak division and most of our tougher games are at home.

**Neutral Opinion**

OK, I live in Nebraska and follow the huskers but I love ALL college football. I am a born and raised Iowa fan and also keep tabs on West Virginia ever since Quincy Wilson was their running back. As a fan of ALL college football. If Nebraska is going to win a NC, next year is completely within range. A heisman caliber quarterback, returning running game, TRUE wide receivers, a much improved secondary, and a seasoned linebacker core. (keep in mind that this is all FWIW, we don't know for sure until kickoff in 07) USC at home will be the key out of conference test because they'll be rated high at the beginning of the year. (why? because they're USC).

Reasonable goals for next year should be winning the Big XII. Where they are after that game could lead to the unsaid goal of NC, but Big XII dominance would silence the naysayers to Callahans gameplan. How do you silence critics and get NC hype? WIN. Good luck to the huskers for the rest of this year, Texas A&M is no pushover in Aggieland. Colorado won't bow to the huskers either, but if Freeman can go 22-26 on them?? Shapes up well for the Huskers.

GBR!