IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts.......

IF we have a healthy zack bowman and steve octavian all year, what do you think our record is right now?

Its an interesting thought, good teams are talented and well coached. they are normally abnormally injury free. we have not been so lucky this year. I think that if we would have had both of these guys there is a good chance that we are one of those one loss team fighting for a bcs bid.

hopefully we can build the depth to overcome injuries in the future.

All I care about is the game on Saturday right now because it's going to be tough and if we can go into College Station and beat aTm I'll be impressed with the poise of this team..........

:yeah This is going to be a tough game, and the team needs to play all four quarters. If they get a lead early, don't let up and let A&M back in the game.

Can't even know.

:yeah

More imortantly, why even try.

Because it's fun to think about and it helps develop a more critical eye while watching a game hence raising the enjoyment level. When I was 12, I understood touchdowns and huge plays. After a few years of playing on the O line (not in college, don't think I'm trying to talk myself up here) with a team that did a lot of pulling and stunts (we had a fast line-- I was the fastest on the team in a 400 yard shuttle) I really, really appreciate huge blocks and clever blocking schemes a lot. I think that reflecting on and discussing the presence or absence of key players makes us more aware and we have more things to watch and cheer for. :) I mean, pancakes and just straight up smashing someone in the open field is great, but when you see how a pulling guard held up a tackle enough to make a nice little hole for a running back to blast through or how a leading blocker knocked a line backer just enough... well... that's nice to see, too. So yeah, if I had the time and the desire, it would be fun to go back and look at the texas game and see how many plays might have turned out differently if we had a LB in who was just a smidge faster or a smidge stronger or a smidge smarter... you know? It would really make me key on them and be aware of what our D does. Woudl that help me? Would that help the huskers do any better? Nah, but it would be something interesting to talk about it with the few fellow football fan friends I have... oh, yeah, sort of like what message boards are for, too ;)

Just my 2¢ :nanalama

Can't even know.

:yeah

More imortantly, why even try.

Because it's fun to think about and it helps develop a more critical eye while watching a game hence raising the enjoyment level. When I was 12, I understood touchdowns and huge plays. After a few years of playing on the O line (not in college, don't think I'm trying to talk myself up here) with a team that did a lot of pulling and stunts (we had a fast line-- I was the fastest on the team in a 400 yard shuttle) I really, really appreciate huge blocks and clever blocking schemes a lot. I think that reflecting on and discussing the presence or absence of key players makes us more aware and we have more things to watch and cheer for. :) I mean, pancakes and just straight up smashing someone in the open field is great, but when you see how a pulling guard held up a tackle enough to make a nice little hole for a running back to blast through or how a leading blocker knocked a line backer just enough... well... that's nice to see, too. So yeah, if I had the time and the desire, it would be fun to go back and look at the texas game and see how many plays might have turned out differently if we had a LB in who was just a smidge faster or a smidge stronger or a smidge smarter... you know? It would really make me key on them and be aware of what our D does. Woudl that help me? Would that help the huskers do any better? Nah, but it would be something interesting to talk about it with the few fellow football fan friends I have... oh, yeah, sort of like what message boards are for, too ;)

Just my 2¢ :nanalama

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass