2nd half collapse again!

CoachKevin

Conditioning? They just come out and play UNISPIRED in the second half week after week. The coaching staff must give the WORST halftime speeches ever and are obviously poor at making adjustments. It was a good win for the program and Coach Callahan but the coaching staff also lost more respect.

I'm telling ya, get better conditioning and they will play better in 2nd half. They also fade late 2nd quarter.

They need EMOTIONAL CONDITIONING above all else.

I don't know about physical, but definitely heart conditioning. Spirit conditioning. They seem rather brittle in that area.

But then again, remember where they were playing too.

Still, emotional conditionoing is necessary.

I don't think where they were playing has much to do with it, this is the 3rd straight game where we've disappeared in the 3rd qtr.

But I think they gained some respect with that comeback. This team doesn't give up, but still they have yet put together four great quarters of football together.

Yet there shouldn't have been need for the comeback. The only positive from losing it and then winning proves they are capable of doing it. ZT runs a great 2 min offense and it helped redeem himself for a poor second half before that last drive.

We are supposed to have the best S&C coach in the nation, so that can't be it. It looks like we don't seem to make any changes in the second half after the other team figures out what kind of plays we are running on both offense and defense. The other teams sure seem to make the adjustments. IMHO.

GBR!!!

I understand making adjustements at half, but how do you adjust win you are winning going into the half????? Like I have stated before, our DB talent isn't very good so we are stuck with it until we get Bowman back next year along with recruiting. My question is this.....would our same D backfield be any better with a different DC? My answer is probably not.

I understand making adjustements at half, but how do you adjust win you are winning going into the half????? Like I have stated before, our DB talent isn't very good so we are stuck with it until we get Bowman back next year along with recruiting. My question is this.....would our same D backfield be any better with a different DC? My answer is probably not.

I have no problem with what we do when we come out for the second half, but after a few 3 and outs it seems that there should be a few different plays to mix it up a little once we are getting stopped. Callahan has a ton of plays in his playbook, why not try a few and see if it sparks something. I'll take a one point win any day but I don't no if my wife can put up with me much more, :lol:

GBR!!!