Anyone going to KC for the game.

HSKRNOKC

Hey,

I am going. My son and I will be there as soon as the gates open. I have coolers and a small grill. Nothing like the set up for Texas or SC. But will have a few chairs and a couple of coolers for the game.

Small tailgate, just let me know who is coming.

Bob

Try "Smokebox cafe" BBQ.its near the airport... OMG its soo good.. there is a sweet holiday inn select near there that is awesome hotel..stayed at 2 weeks ago and was perfect....

My opinion..dont kill me on BBQ places that are better... i just know this place was awesome...ribs were juicy meaty and had NO FAT...beef ribs.omg...bring some back to me ;)

I don't know about you guys....but if the weather is decent....Well no rain....then there is no bar that will be a fun as the 'Head parking lot tailgate party.......I plan on bringing a TV as well as a grill and a few(many) extra beers.....I think that the SEC Title game or ACC game will be on while we tailgate.....i'm in sec 126 row 35.......I can't wait, I'm hoping for an TAMU win today ....I would love to see the gooners in KC

Im 99% sure I am going to KC for our chance at redemption against UT. Anyone else going? Maybe we can hook up with a couple guys from this board that I know from the KC area for a couple beers. (cough cough Blackshirt cough Slacker). With any luck they might buy. ;)

Come on guys its a 4 hour drive whos with me????????

I'll be there Friday night at Harrahs North KC for 2 nights. I can't wait. Just back from Lincoln and seeing the Big Red roll the buffs !

Looking forward to tailgaiting bigtime. Seats are in section 243.

Look's like we will play OU barring an OSU upset tomorrow.....

Tremendous accomplishment by coach Callahan and staff and especially the team this season.

Goals accomplished: Swept the North; North Champs; Big XII Title shot; 9 win season(so far).

My 1st post on this board. I'm rambling. :lol:

Go Big Red !!!!!!

I think if you buy from the school they'll all be around the same area. But I heard some other HB members say they had seats across the field from me (on the OU side).

Doesn't matter....it will be Husker Red throughout the stadium anyway. OU might as well wear their away colors.

I'll but hunting down some tailgating spots when I get there! Start the grill!

Is there designated sides. For example an ou section and a NU section??

I dont want to get caught with the wrong fans.

I think there is, but I'm not quite sure how it is set up...I wouldn't worry though, most will be in HUSKER Red.

i wouldnt worry to much either. i was at the NU/Fla NC Game and sat on the "Florida" side of the field, and actualy sat besides some people from my hometown that graduated from HS with huskernumerouno.

there was about 65000 Husker Fans at the game, it was definately another home game

this was in the OWH about fans going to KC

LINCOLN - They're accustomed to scenes of overwhelming red at Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Even with the main tenant out of town this weekend, it's still set to look like a sea of red.

Although no reliable method exists to accurately gauge the ticket breakdown by fan allegiance, a Nebraska Alumni Association official said he thinks up to 60,000 Nebraska football fans could invade Arrowhead on Saturday as the Huskers face historic rival Oklahoma in the 7 p.m. Big 12 Conference championship game. Arrowhead's capacity is 79,451.

"What we've heard is that it's up to somewhere between 57,000 and 60,000 who look like they're from Nebraska," said Ed Paquette, executive director of the Nebraska Alumni Association. "The alumni are telling us that it's just exciting to have OU-Nebraska again."

Paquette reached his estimate of 60,000 based on discussions with Chiefs and NU officials.

Some 22,000 tickets were distributed to the participating schools and the Big 12. Close to 50,000 more were sold through Ticketmaster. In addition, Chiefs season ticket-holders purchased about 13,000 seats, according to Bob Moore, the team's director of public relations.

The game is officially a sellout, though a limited supply of standing-room-only tickets went on sale Tuesday for $50 apiece.

"I'd like to see 70,000," NU linebacker Corey McKeon said. "I'd like to go in there calling that place Memorial Stadium."

Nebraska fans got a head start on ticket-buying after the Huskers clinched the North Division on Nov. 11. OU won the South title Saturday, but Texas had been atop the division standings for seven weeks following its Oct. 7 win over the Sooners.

"I know that we've had folks from Texas calling to ask us if they could move their tickets," Paquette said. "The arrogance of Texas shines again. What it comes down to is that we'll have the home-field advantage, even though we'll be in our away uniforms."