Herbstreit

I just realized. The AP vote isn't supposed to count towards a teams BCS ranking so what good does all that do?

Absolutely nothing. I have no idea why the self-important bastards still vote or why anyone recognizes that vote. The AP poll and $3 can get you a McRib. :corndance

and on a related note, i *LOVE* me some McRibs!

... and with that... back to the converstation...

Some of you guys get way too wrapped up on where people vote us. Nebraska does not have a great resume for the voters. Our biggest victory was a come from behind last second win against aTm. Plus we have that ugly looking OSU loss n there. We play in what is a percieved weak conference, and we have a lot of close games on our resume.

Plus, it doesn't matter who beat who as to where you are ranked (aTm ahead of us). The voters haven't look at that in the past (Nebraska/Colorado 01, Miami/Florida State 00) and probally won't in the future. I've said it once and I will say it again "Quit acting like Nebraska is owed something in the polls just because we are Nebraska." If we want something, then we have to go out and earn it, I don't want anything handed to us.

I've said it once and I will say it again "Quit acting like Nebraska is owed something in the polls just because we are Nebraska." If we want something, then we have to go out and earn it, I don't want anything handed to us.

The issue would be whether Nebraska has done enough to warrant being voted into the Top 25. The majority agree that we have and I do as well.

I've said it once and I will say it again "Quit acting like Nebraska is owed something in the polls just because we are Nebraska." If we want something, then we have to go out and earn it, I don't want anything handed to us.

The issue would be whether Nebraska has done enough to warrant being voted into the Top 25. The majority agree that we have and I do as well.

Well then my question to you is, what has Nebraska done to warrant being voted in the Top 25. I see us as an 8-3 team that's biggest win came against another 8-3 team. They have an ugly loss to Okie State and has not really dominated other teams in a weak conference. I would love for us to be rated but I understand why people would say that we don't deserve it.

Some of you guys get way too wrapped up on where people vote us. Nebraska does not have a great resume for the voters. Our biggest victory was a come from behind last second win against aTm. Plus we have that ugly looking OSU loss n there. We play in what is a percieved weak conference, and we have a lot of close games on our resume.

interesting points. I can see what you are saying; however, A&M has some close games, a bad looking loss to Texas Tech and (most importantly) we beat them in their house in both teams most recent games. While i think we should be ranked, I can see leaving us out. Just not not to A&M

In Herbstriet's defense, i understand putting OU ahead of UT presently. Gave up a lot of points to Baylor, played poorly against NU, needed to shut Tech down in the second half and still barely, and finally dug themselves too deep a hole against KSU. You could argue they've not been playing that well for a while.

In Herbstriet's defense, i understand putting OU ahead of UT presently. Gave up a lot of points to Baylor, played poorly against NU, needed to shut Tech down in the second half and still barely, and finally dug themselves too deep a hole against KSU. You could argue they've not been playing that well for a while.

I think his philosophy is they (OU) only have one loss considering the officiating debacle against Oregon at the start of the season.

Well then my question to you is, what has Nebraska done to warrant being voted in the Top 25. I see us as an 8-3 team that's biggest win came against another 8-3 team. They have an ugly loss to Okie State and has not really dominated other teams in a weak conference. I would love for us to be rated but I understand why people would say that we don't deserve it.

I think NU is in the same bubble as A&M, Hawaii, Clemson, Tennessee, and Brigham Young. As weak as the Big XII North may be it is better than the puffed up conferences that Hawaii and Brigham Young play in. We beat A&M on their home field. Clemson and Tennessee do have some more impressive wins to their credit. At worst NU should be 24 or 25.

It just frustrates me that he has A&M ahead of us when we beat them. It makes no sense.

I think his philosophy is they (OU) only have one loss considering the officiating debacle against Oregon at the start of the season.

Two sides of the fence on this subject: OU deserved to win and practically did do so, only to have it undone by the refs. Other side is that bad calls are part of the game and a win is a win, a loss is a loss. I'm not sure which side Herbstriet has been on, but now that you mention it i seem to remember him taking the first stance. Personally i take the second stance (the fact that OU had a field goal and missed it is too much for me to get past). Wasn't really explaining Herbie's point of view, but giving mine in defense of ranking OU ahead of UT.

At this point, the votes don't really matter. NU controls its own destiny, win the next 2 games, go to Tempe. On a side note, Cal has had a very similar season and is rated almost the same as NU, so I would say the rating is fair and consistant, FWIW.