question on stadium loudness?

MVPujols

i went to my first husker game, it was vs La Tech.. for the tunnel walk it was rockin.. and it got rockin quite a few times.. but just on average when La Tech had the ball, the only ppl makin noise were the students (i think it was the students)

I asked myself, why is this? is everyone else just to lazy to do anything? then it occured to me, maybe they dont want to start anything, since no one else around them would join in and they would look like an idiot..

Donno, maybe im wrong, maybe the stadium is louder then it was that day.. i dont know, that was only the 2nd time i had been in the stadium.. first was for the spring game this yr..

Could anyone tell me if htis is how most games are?

I can't say for sure...because I sit in the student side during most home games, and it's loud over there.

I think most people maybe just think they're too old to yell and it's only a student thing to do? I for one like yelling. I actually plan on losing my voice that weekend when I go. I call it my badge of Husker pride ;)

I suggest maybe just yelling anyway. Screw the people around you. If you need to, get some beers in you and be that annoying drunk that won't stop yelling the entire game! Maybe other people will follow suit. They seem to follow suit with that damned "wave"

I sat in the North EZ for the Baylor game in 04 and the crowd noise sucked over there, some people weren't even into the game or just yelled "Cosgrove, you suck, THIS IS TEH BAYLOR!!1" Got told to sit down and not yell against Maine last year, that was in Southwest EZ. I currently have seats in section 16A, just to the left and behind the students and it is rockin over there pretty much every game, all game.

Yea, I sat in a none student section during the La Tech game as well and people told me and my friends to sit down and be quiet multiple times. Student section only for me from now on.

Seriously, why do people like that even bother to come to the games??? Honestly, what did you expect? This isnt an EFFIN' funeral. If you want it to be quiet stay at home and watch it on TV!!!

Yea, I sat in a none student section during the La Tech game as well and people told me and my friends to sit down and be quiet multiple times. Student section only for me from now on.

Seriously, why do people like that even bother to come to the games??? Honestly, what did you expect? This isnt an EFFIN' funeral. If you want it to be quiet stay at home and watch it on TV!!!

That's exactly what some drunk Omaha kids were screaming at them the whole time. They are my heroes... :P

I went to the Texas game this year and let me tell you I didn't sit down during the whole damn game!!!! Everyone was standing up and screaming and I lost my voice by halftime!!! I had heard on here though that was probably the loudest that stadium has ever been!!!! Don't let anyone tell you to sit down and be quiet.....it's not against the law, it's a football game, and it's your god given right!!! :madash

I went to the Texas game this year and let me tell you I didn't sit down during the whole damn game!!!! Everyone was standing up and screaming and I lost my voice by halftime!!! I had heard on here though that was probably the loudest that stadium has ever been!!!! Don't let anyone tell you to sit down and be quiet.....it's not against the law, it's a football game, and it's your god given right!!! :madash

Agreed! I dont think I have ever yelled so much at any football game in my life! Even most of the elderly folks around me were on their feet the entire game as well.