Awwww sooky sooky!!

Aw hell...I think CU just signed their own death certificate:

CU's tough talk finds its way to Nebraska

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Already aware that Colorado might play like a team with nothing to lose Friday, Nebraska has found out that the Buffaloes are talking that way, too.

For all of his team's early struggles, Colorado coach Dan Hawkins has the Buffaloes playing inspired football near the end of his first season.

CU assistant coach and former quarterback Darian Hagan last week told the Boulder Daily Camera: "We're going to go in there with fire in our eyes, and try and hit them in the mouth and kick their butt. So when they go and play in the Big 12 championship, they're going to be limping in."

On Monday, NU head coach Bill Callahan was asked for reaction.

"Hmmm," Callahan said. "That's the first I heard of that. Who made this quote?

"I've never responded to statements or things of that nature. I just focus our team on the opposition and preparation. You can never control what other people say."

But you can sure pass it along.

Nebraska receiver Maurice Purify said Callahan on Sunday showed the Huskers a video clip of CU head coach Dan Hawkins earlier this season telling a gathering: "Just remember this, at 0-5, the worst days as a Buff is better than the best days as a Husker."

Your response, Mr. Purify?

"We laughed, and felt kind of mad that he would say something like that," Purify said. "It's kind of like disrespect.

"I just felt like I'm going to do as much as I can to make them feel bad when they leave here, and bring as much pain as I can to them."

Relevant or not, it at least helped keep all talk Monday on NU-CU instead of the Huskers' pending trip to Kansas City for the Big 12 championship game. The Buffaloes bring a 2-9 record to Lincoln, and NU already has clinched the North Division title.

Callahan said that doesn't afford the Huskers the opportunity to hold anyone or anything back for the following week.

"There's been no such talk, no such thinking or dialogue whatsoever in that respect," Callahan said. "This is an important football game for us. We treat it seriously, like we do every game. Really, nothing has changed from how we approach this game."

The Huskers (8-3, 5-2 Big 12) are looking to go 5-0 against North Division teams, something they haven't done since 1999. Since 2000, NU is 3-3 against Colorado, and the Buffs own four North championships compared with none for the Huskers.

This CU team has nothing left to play for but the opportunity to stun the team it considers its arch-rival.

"This is like their biggest game," said Purify. "They're obviously going to try to come out and try to ruin our season.

"We're going for winning five straight in the North. This does matter in what we're trying to achieve."

Callahan said he doesn't expect any radical changes in what NU sees from Colorado. He just said he expects the Buffs to be highly competitive.

Junior I-back Brandon Jackson said the Huskers will match it - and then start worrying about either Texas or Oklahoma when the time is right.

"We'll just go out and play like it's any other game," Jackson said. "We still have a season to finish off here. Nothing changes for us, as far as going out here and playing our best."

CU assistant coach and former quarterback Darian Hagan last week told the Boulder Daily Camera: "We're going to go in there with fire in our eyes, and try and hit them in the mouth and kick their butt. So when they go and play in the Big 12 championship, they're going to be limping in.

Note the operative word in that quote about fire in the eyes. Also, it's from a former player. I'd be more interested if their current quarterback had said that. Something tells me that the players know what they are up against and are content not to stir the soul of the Huskers too much, lest they be beat like a drum.

I don't want any of the Buffaloes hurt or injured. I want them to be able to put their best claw forward.

With that said, I'm thinking we'll see total domination of every aspect of the game.

I think we'll see the Buffaloes at a total loss for 1) how to stop the Husker offense, and 2) how to beat the Blackshirts.

I think we'll see confusion in their eyes, and then despair, and than surrender. If that happens by the middle of the first quarter, that would be realy cool. :corndance

I'd love to see this because it will mean that BC has put together a championship caliber team ready willing and able to take on all comers.

:bonez

I really hope we just murder these guys. I think it's funny that all sCUm fans bring up 62-36 all the time when it was half a decade ago. Nothing is the same from that team on either side. We were in a hole then, and we have come out of it, while they went into it. It's not like we needed motivation, but oh well, we will destroy them even more now.

CU assistant coach and former quarterback Darian Hagan last week told the Boulder Daily Camera: "We're going to go in there with fire in our eyes, and try and hit them in the mouth and kick their butt. So when they go and play in the Big 12 championship, they're going to be limping in."

I love it how he says TRY. TRY all you want sCUm, you don't have a chance in hell.