Purify: "Zero percent chance..."

Let's hope that he finds his way to class, or he will not play next year anyway....... There was and IS a reason he was at a JUCO..... academics doesn't appear to be his strong point or point of interest.... He may be gone, but due to academic casualty !!!!

C'mon MO, get with it !!!!!!

Ridiculous...is there any evidence to back up what you're saying?

Let's hope that he finds his way to class, or he will not play next year anyway....... There was and IS a reason he was at a JUCO..... academics doesn't appear to be his strong point or point of interest.... He may be gone, but due to academic casualty !!!!

Well, in his defense there are only a few reasons why someone would attend a junior college out of high school.

Well, in his defense there are only a few reasons why someone would attend a junior college out of high school.

Just because he went to JUCO doesn't mean he hasn't gotten his grades in order by now. I just think it is ridiculous that someone can call out a player like this for something none of us probably know anything about. Show me some facts and I'll shutup.

Have any of our JUCOs dropped due to academics after their first year at NU?

Just because he went to JUCO doesn't mean he hasn't gotten his grades in order by now. I just think it is ridiculous that someone can call out a player like this for something none of us probably know anything about. Show me some facts and I'll shutup.

Dontrell Moore was suspended for the bowl game last year in his first semester for poor grades and eventually left.

I don't know about ever, but recently I don't think so. They usually fail to get here academically before that happens.

I coaches are on these guys pretty heavy about going to class, as they should be.

I'm not really so certain. 2 years ago, the Vikes took Troy Williamson 7th overall because he ran a 4.4 40 at 6'1" 200 lbs. He had 43 catches that year and 7 TD's. Purify has 30 catches thus far with 2 games left and a similar ypc average and already has that many TD's. I'm not saying Purify would go that high, but just trying to put it in perspective that it wouldn't be ridiculous for him to jump to the pros. Let's just hope he will stick to his word and come back and finish what is getting started.

I would think that the fact that Troy Williamson has sucked as a pro (he's not even starting and he leads the league with 10 dropped passes) would hinder teams from "reaching" with receivers that haven't proven much on the collegiate level. I would be surprised if a NFL team would consider Purify as a first or second round pick this year; but, with nice production next year, Purify very well could be a first or second-rounder. I think Purify knows this....and, hence, his statement that there is zero percent chance that he will go pro.