9 and 5

After the loss to OK I was dreading the possibility that the Huskers could go 9 and 5. Then I thought would it be worse to go 9 and 5 and play in a bowl or go 9 and 4 and not play, or maybe even 9 and 3 and not make the B12 championship game. I think it's better to play and go 9 and 5 than to not play and go 8 and 3. On the other hand, let's make it 10 and 4. GBR!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Auburn has plenty of speed on D but given how well Callahan prepares we've got as good a shot at beating Auburn as we do loosing. I really like our chances on this one.

If Zac can calm down and not be looking for the big play we've got a better than average shot at this one. It seamed as though he was looking to get big chunks of yardage against OU. This is a team that we can pound and wear down in the 4th.

We can if Jackson is back or Cody heals. The other two will not get the job done. Zac over reacted to the loss of BJ. Unfortunately I do expect him back for the bowl game. He was Zac's security blanket in that he could run the ball, gain yardage and block for him. Losing BJ hurt Zac's confidence.

With a weak line BJ is needed.

Not sure which we will end up, but really cheering for 10-4. But my guess, if we end up.....

9-5, we could end up out of the top 25 and it shows little improvement over last year. Callahan (or maybe a few assistants) on the hot seat next year.

10-4, we'll end up at least in the top 20, and maybe, depending on how the rest of the Big 12 does, top 15 and it shows improvement (beat a top 10 team in Auburn). Callahan (and assistnats) have more time to show additional improvement.

9-5, we could end up out of the top 25 and it shows little improvement over last year. Callahan (or maybe a few assistants) on the hot seat next year.

Wow...are you serious? On the hot seat after going 5-0 against the North and getting us to the Big XII Championship game/New Year's Day Bowl? That has to be a joke.

Wow...are you serious? On the hot seat after going 5-0 against the North and getting us to the Big XII Championship game/New Year's Day Bowl? That has to be a joke.

:yeah This was a great season, with some tough games. This program is on the way back imo :restore

Theres no way anyones on the hot seat. We all wanted to "just" win the North except a few that wanted a N/C already. I just hope we are lucky enough to keep this staff together for a few more years. Coach C. is going no where and neither are his coaches unless they chose to leave.

GBR!!!

This is a much better season even if we are 9-5 imo. We played USC, UT, OU, and now Auburn. That is a very tough schedule for any team. We are a much better team than last year, and Callahan should not be on the hot seat imo. That said, let's win the last one!

We are Nebraska and you must remember that we fired a staff that went 10-3. 9-5 isn't going to cut it and we sold out everything so that we could win championships and surrender to Texas and Okie. Winning the North was like kissing your sister this year. Worst it has ever been. Next year better be 2 loss season or a lot of people will be on the hotseat.

I disagree. No One os on the 'hot seat' as far as I'm concerned. We won the North which we have not done since '99, That is progress from where I'm sitting No blow out losses, progress.

Coach Callahan is not nor will he be on the hot seat in the forseeable future.

We are so much better than we were.

What a bunch of entitled fans some have become. I, for one like where we are as a program. Big XII title game for the first time in 7years, New Years Day bowl game for the first time in forever...2001 does so not count...we should have neve been there...

I'm happy with where we are... and feelin' better for the future! GO BIG RED!!

I disagree. No One os on the 'hot seat' as far as I'm concerned. We won the North which we have not done since '99, That is progress from where I'm sitting No blow out losses, progress.

Coach Callahan is not nor will he be on the hot seat in the forseeable future.

We are so much better than we were.

What a bunch of entitled fans some have become. I, for one like where we are as a program. Big XII title game for the first time in 7years, New Years Day bowl game for the first time in forever...2001 does so not count...we should have neve been there...

I'm happy with where we are... and feelin' better for the future! GO BIG RED!!

I'd have to agree with you.....