Bowman Returning

not to get too far ahead, but it will be nice to know that Murillo will be the senior anchor in the defensive backfield in 08, if he is as good as advertised.

I hope Zack Bowman comes back good as new and has a breakout year in 07.

i do hope we will slowly drift away from JUCO corners.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, great news for next year. I think with Bowman returning, some good recruits and another year of maturation from Jones we might be alright in the secondary.

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

I hate to beat a dead horse, but you are assuming that Coz will know what to do with all that talent. When was the last time one of Coz’s defenses was good? His Wisconsin teams were a joke, and I must admit that I hoped that was only because he didn’t get the talent up there that he would have in Lincoln…WRONG!!! He has some of the best talent in the country at NU and has no idea what to do with it. Sure the DB’s were a weak spot this season, but every news service you can mention had us rated as among the best D-line and front seven in football. So where are the sacks? Where are the big stops when you need them (like on 3rd and 10 from the half yard line)? Where is the development of young talent? Yes it will be great to have Bowman back, and yes some of the young guys look good, but I dread what Coz will do with them. I am betting that he will figure out a way to neutralize their effectiveness the way he has done with Moore, Carriker, and McKeon. I just hope in my heart-of-hearts, that Coz is not in that position next year. The best thing we can do next year is addition by subtraction. NU - COZ = a much improved defense. And I don’t really think it matters who takes his place. Hell, don’t even fill the position and we will still be better off.