Keller

When spring football comes around in another 4 months or so I think we could possibly be seeing the best QB battle ever. Now I am very confident in saying that Keller will be our starter in '07 but I am very excited about all the QB's we are going to see come Apirl in the spring game. Keller with his wealth of experience, Ganz with his knowledge of the WCO, Witt the unproven but extremely intelligent mind (he will be a sophomore in standing when he enrolles at UNL in January :o ), Lee with his strong arm and mobility, Hildebrand with a lot of potential. Can I get my spring football tickets right now!!!!!! :horns2 Last thought on Keller, I really believe that this guy is going to be a very important player in Husker history even though he only will play one year, he provides a very crucial gap to the younger QB's, if we did not get Keller we would be looking at inexperience at the QB position which would have been devastating for us next year, remember the WCO only works with a solid QB see Joe Dailey :lol: Also in my opinion one of the best QB's that NU ever had was a kid who only started one year his name - Gerry Gdowski.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another solid QB who only started one year......Keithen McCant

However, I'll say this like I said in another post. We all need to be careful about handing Keller the trophy case. He has thrown 5 picks in a game before and is a hot head. I will say this, he is our best option by far. And he already has the job.

Another solid QB who only started one year......Keithen McCant

However, I'll say this like I said in another post. We all need to be careful about handing Keller the trophy case. He has thrown 5 picks in a game before and is a hot head. I will say this, he is our best option by far. And he already has the job.

Yes he threw 5 picks against then number 1 USC. He also threw two TDs that game. He threw 4 TDs in each of the games leading up to that game against 2 INTs so he had a 16:2 ratio to open the season. He finsished that injury shortened season with 20 TDs to 9 INTs in 7 games.

Tommy Frazier was another hot head that played for Nebraska. He did pretty well.

We'll see how it plays out.

When spring football comes around in another 4 months or so I think we could possibly be seeing the best QB battle ever. Now I am very confident in saying that Keller will be our starter in '07 but I am very excited about all the QB's we are going to see come Apirl in the spring game. Keller with his wealth of experience, Ganz with his knowledge of the WCO, Witt the unproven but extremely intelligent mind (he will be a sophomore in standing when he enrolles at UNL in January :o ), Lee with his strong arm and mobility, Hildebrand with a lot of potential. Can I get my spring football tickets right now!!!!!! :horns2 Last thought on Keller, I really believe that this guy is going to be a very important player in Husker history even though he only will play one year, he provides a very crucial gap to the younger QB's, if we did not get Keller we would be looking at inexperience at the QB position which would have been devastating for us next year, remember the WCO only works with a solid QB see Joe Dailey :lol: Also in my opinion one of the best QB's that NU ever had was a kid who only started one year his name - Gerry Gdowski.

I don't think there will be much competition for the starters job at all. Listening to Callahan he has nothing but respect for Keller's abilities. We may see some competition for the backup role. But not for the starters job. That's already been decided.

I think the key will be Keller's experience. He has real D1 game experience that the others just don’t have. That is the upside. The down side is everyone is ready to hand over the reins (with some amount of understanding). I am anxious to see how he responds to this. Irregardless of what happens in spring ball we will have a luxury that we have not had for some time now....depth at QB.

So How's Keller liking Lincoln so far?

I was afraid once it got cold enough that he could see his breath, he might bolt for the NFL.

The only thing I hear he lacks is mobility. But he has a much stronger arm than Taylor, and I'm guessing he doesn't hold the ball as long. I keep hearing he is a NFL prospect, so we will see.

Good thing Taylor held the ball more or he'd have a lot more Interceptions.

Sammy also seemed to be good at going through his progressions and avoiding bad decisions.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Keller. I think he's going to do great things in his short time for NU. I've also heard a few players say Zac isn't even in the same universe as Keller when it comes to the qb position. He throws everything on a rope. Zips the ball in to the receiver and puts the ball wherever he wants WHENEVER he wants. All good things. To say Zac's not even close to Keller is a big statement as Zac did a fabulous job for NU. This could be very exciting with him and Purify and a slug of other good receivers coming into the picture (ie Holt, Henry, Brooks, Paul).

one thing that comes to mind is the amount of trust and respect that is needed in the huddle. you can be the best qb in the world and if the players do not trust you or like you it will be very difficult. Zac had that trust and respect. he never once pointed fingers at any of the players and that is what made him stand out and be able to do what he did.

if Sam starts pointing and blaming, he will lose his teammates and wont be worth a crap.

one thing that comes to mind is the amount of trust and respect that is needed in the huddle. you can be the best qb in the world and if the players do not trust you or like you it will be very difficult. Zac had that trust and respect. he never once pointed fingers at any of the players and that is what made him stand out and be able to do what he did.

if Sam starts pointing and blaming, he will lose his teammates and wont be worth a crap.

Keller was named the scout team offensive player of the year, this tells me that the players respect him, since I am guessing it is the team that votes for these awards, also rumor has it that Keller and Chris Brooks have looked really good in scout practices, I wondered what ever happened to Brooks.