OSU Question

MrAubie

Hi again Husker fans.

After watching OSU beat Bama yesterday, I was wondering what you guys thought about OSU. I know you lost to them in the regular season. Was that a fluke, just a bad day for NU, or is OSU that good ? Bama played a good game but they are not a top-tier SEC team anymore.

yeah, I think it was just a bad game.

but we have had a tendency to just fall apart during the second half. It's the weirdest thing. With OSU, we battled them all the way through the third quarter. We were up 16-0 then left the half at 23-20. We kept that lead as it stayed scoreless through the third. Then we just collapsed again as usual. We even missed an extra point AND a field goal during that game. I'd say next to the OU game, that would probably be our worst one this year.

I know you're trying to do a comparison on OSU vs. Nebraska and Auburn vs. Alabama. And truth is, with Alabama having a 2-6 conference record....makes me a little scared to see how we'll fair against the Tigers.

yeah, I think it was just a bad game.

but we have had a tendency to just fall apart during the second half. It's the weirdest thing. With OSU, we battled them all the way through the third quarter. We were up 16-0 then left the half at 23-20. We kept that lead as it stayed scoreless through the third. Then we just collapsed again as usual. We even missed an extra point AND a field goal during that game. I'd say next to the OU game, that would probably be our worst one this year.

I know you're trying to do a comparison on OSU vs. Nebraska and Auburn vs. Alabama. And truth is, with Alabama having a 2-6 conference record....makes me a little scared to see how we'll fair against the Tigers.

I have no doubt that you guys will show up to play. We've had similar problems with GA / Ark games. From what I've read, Tuberville is determined to take care of business this year, and has been pretty strict on our guys. One big negative for us is the early game. Our players can't seem to wake up before noon, so we may be in trouble there. :o

At least our starting RB (Irons) is 100%. If our OL can block anybody, Irons is tough to handle. If you guys stop our run, then our passing game can be great or it can suck. Boy do I sound confident :hellloooo

Oh yeah, I AM glad that OSU beat the bammerneck mulletheads :woo:woo

WDE and Go Huskers !!!

We stop the run very well at times watch out for #94 Barry Turner (DT) and #44 Jay Moore (DE) to stop the run.

About OSU well we just got to laid back after walking all over them in the first QT... and one thing lead to another and they got on a roll and the crowd really got into it and then it just pretty much snow balled on us and we got beat before we knew it.

I really wasn't too surprised watching OSU beat Alabama. OSU doesn't have the tradition Alabama does, but it is in the process of building up it's program with a lot of energy and recruiting. Savage is a hell of a runner and seems to consistently find a way to get an extra 3-4 yards. Reid is a dual threat QB that is a pretty solid decision maker. However, last night there was a stretch where he threw a couple of picks that almost cost them the game. I was impressed with how they hung in there for the win.

OSU is a better team than most people realize and it most should be able to see there is a change going on down there with a young coach. I'd compare them to Texas Tech when they were on the rise?

Nebraska simply got complacent like they did in more than one game this year after gaining a solid lead. Nebraska vs. Auburn is a completely different matchup in my mind. There are some simliarities (both bama and Auburn have a LOT of speed on defense), but the matchup just has a completely different feel.

There were many problems in that game. Our problem this year has been we get a lead and do not go for the kill (we play conservative). Other than our obvious problems in the defensive secondary, Cosgrove has had problems with mobile QB's.

Offensively, we will need to play four quarters. If we play four, watch out! If we do not, it will be a long day for us.

That is what has kep AU out of the top 4 and NU out of the top 10. Way to hot and cold playing and not enough consistency. It has been all too painfully obvious a couple of times this year. I'm sure both teams will be trying to stay focused the whole game with sound technique. (coachspeak) :)

GBR

I do like OSU's QB. He's a gamer. OSU was the better team and almost gave that game away. Got to give Bama credit for not folding and hanging in there. They almost pulled that one out. 3 more days for our game? Best of luck and I hope no one gets injured in the game.

WARRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!

Hi again Husker fans.

After watching OSU beat Bama yesterday, I was wondering what you guys thought about OSU. I know you lost to them in the regular season. Was that a fluke, just a bad day for NU, or is OSU that good ? Bama played a good game but they are not a top-tier SEC team anymore.

Total meltdown. They looked great in the first half then they just stopped playing.

bad day for the huskers, meltdown all over the place. we were up 16-0 late in the 2nd i think

that was nebraska's story for most of the season, actually.

run up the score in the first half and pray to god that we could close in the second.

and sometimes... GOD ABANDONED US!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhhhhhhh