OSU Question

MrAubie

Also remember that was a bad game for us as far as scheduling. We were coming off a loss to Texas that should have been a win, and would have been a win save a fluke fumble and we had our homecoming game against Missouri coming up the following week which at the time looked like it would be the deciding factor that would determine who won the north. It was easily the biggest trap game we had and going up 16-0 like we did was probably the worst thing that could have happened. Had OSU played us tough for the entire first half I think our boys would have kept it together and pulled ahead in the 2nd half to put it away but we ended up thinking it was turning into a walkthrough and the guys just let their guard down too much and let Okie turn things around and when you do that on the road things can spiral out of control rather quickly.

I really wasn't too surprised watching OSU beat Alabama. OSU doesn't have the tradition Alabama does, but it is in the process of building up it's program with a lot of energy and recruiting. Savage is a hell of a runner and seems to consistently find a way to get an extra 3-4 yards. Reid is a dual threat QB that is a pretty solid decision maker. However, last night there was a stretch where he threw a couple of picks that almost cost them the game. I was impressed with how they hung in there for the win.

OSU is a better team than most people realize and it most should be able to see there is a change going on down there with a young coach. I'd compare them to Texas Tech when they were on the rise?

Nebraska simply got complacent like they did in more than one game this year after gaining a solid lead. Nebraska vs. Auburn is a completely different matchup in my mind. There are some simliarities (both bama and Auburn have a LOT of speed on defense), but the matchup just has a completely different feel.

I think this pretty much summarizes my thoughts as well. OSU is better than most people give them credit for and Gundy is a good coach. Their recruiting has been getting better and better. I look for them to get even better.

I'm amazed how great the Big 12 conference has become. In the past it seemed the winner of the OU vs Texas game would win the conference. Now with the Huskers coming back, Missouri, Texas A&M improving and Texas Tech which can sneak up on anyone with their offense. Your conference has become the real deal. I still stand by my word, the survivors of the Big 12 and SEC by seasons end has won many tough battles to win their conference championships. These are the two toughest conferences to play in week in and week out.

The fact we play you guys in the Cotton Bowl and the great sportsmanship you've shown, I'll personally be pulling for the Huskers to win the Big 12 next season. I look forward to seeing the sea of red in the Cotton Bowl.

WARRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!

I think we had a horrible game against OSU and we beat ourselves OSU didn't beat us...............Having said that though OSU is an up and coming team and people will begin to notice them. They are making some great additions to their facilites down there and have the financial backing to get it done. We were horrible in the second half during that time of year and we still haven't got all those bugs worked out yet. We have to come out strong and fast on Auburn and get up big on them to have a shot at winning this game if our second half problems come back on Jan. 1st.