FIRE CALLAHAN!

I don't agree with the fire Coach Callahan sentiment but today coupled with the Oklahoma game certainly shows a disturbing trend. Both games we had great field position we couldn't capitalize on. How could the team dominate the first half then be totally inept in the second half? Coach Callahan is still learning and I hope it starts to click sooner than later. One more season with his own recruits might make a difference. 2007 will be the crossroads.

I agree. Let me ask a serious question though. I know there is much that we do not see watching the games on T.V. However, it appears to me that we run the same plays with little variety, weather they worked or not. It feels like we all know the play book in the second half even though I have heard the book is very extensive. Someone want to weigh in with their observations on this or educate me?

Coach Callahan will learn a lot from this experience, and next year when we have receivers who are just a bit stronger, and a kicker who can nail a kick of over 40 yards, we will not complain about so many playcalling choices as we did this year.

This is a trend of his over his 5 years as a head coach. He's to stubborn. Do you honestly think he will ever learn and change?

No excuses next year. USC is a must win now at home imo, could Callahan be on the hotseat if he has another one of these 9-5 seasons even though we win the north?

wow... that's just... wow.

so to make up for this horrible season, coach callahan will have to...

1. win a minimum of 10 games.
  2. win the north.
  3. win the big twelve.
  4. compete in a BCS bowl. (bonus if it's for NC)

otherwise, pack your bags, billy... cause YER GONE..! clearly, he's not getting the job done 'cause he's an idiot.

after that, we'll just find someone to take over our legendary football program. and keep firing and re-hiring until we get the perect match.

i mean, how bad could it get? look how alabama is doing.

Or we could just keep losing 5-6 games a year in a weak division of a down conference and lose to any halfway decent team we play. But at least the recruiting has supposedly improved.

I don't agree with the fire Coach Callahan sentiment but today coupled with the Oklahoma game certainly shows a disturbing trend. Both games we had great field position we couldn't capitalize on. How could the team dominate the first half then be totally inept in the second half? Coach Callahan is still learning and I hope it starts to click sooner than later. One more season with his own recruits might make a difference. 2007 will be the crossroads.

I agree. Let me ask a serious question though. I know there is much that we do not see watching the games on T.V. However, it appears to me that we run the same plays with little variety, weather they worked or not. It feels like we all know the play book in the second half even though I have heard the book is very extensive. Someone want to weigh in with their observations on this or educate me?

I agree, it seems we run the same dozen or so running plays, just out of different formations. It was getting predictible this season when he would have a bunch trips formation to the short side of the field then pitch the ball to that side of the field. It seems like their zone running play to either side is the bread and butter of the running game.

I think there are two issues at play here. First is the execution. Coach Osborne used to get the constant harping of predictability but his players could execute the plays. He often stated that the other team might know what he was going to run but they still had to stop it. He did have quite a bit of success.

The second is Coach Callahan not always molding the plays to the players. Earlier in the year Damon Benning made the observation that Coach Callahan often looks at the play and knows that the play should work and gets caught in the Xs and Os more than who the personnel are.

I think there are two issues at play here. First is the execution. Coach Osborne used to get the constant harping of predictability but his players could execute the plays. He often stated that the other team might know what he was going to run but they still had to stop it. He did have quite a bit of success.

The second is Coach Callahan not always molding the plays to the players. Earlier in the year Damon Benning made the observation that Coach Callahan often looks at the play and knows that the play should work and gets caught in the Xs and Os more than who the personnel are.

So you are saying its poor and inept ability of our coaches?

So you are saying its poor and inept ability of our coaches?

I'm sure they are aware improvement is needed. We'll see what 2007 brings.

OMG PANIC~!!!!

Same story as the Big 12 Championship. Defense played well enough to win, offense couldn't produce jack. Receivers didn't get open, Running game got stuffed in the second half.

Like abc said, if the fake works it's OMG TEH BEST. Since it didn't, it's a bad call. Standard NU fan reaction. The bad thing about it is it gives more ammo to the Husker haters.

BS, Dave.

It was a bad call, and would have been a bad call even if we would have made it. At least now BC might realize that his stupid ideas really are stupid. Heaven knows what he'd be calling if that stupid play would have worked.

It was bad football, pure and simple.

I thought it was a dynamite call. It worked!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen the reply....IT WORKED. THE PLAYER FUMBLED IT though KEY WORD=====PLAYER......Were complaining about a play that worked?!?!?

No excuses next year. USC is a must win now at home imo, could Callahan be on the hotseat if he has another one of these 9-5 seasons even though we win the north?

wow... that's just... wow.

so to make up for this horrible season, coach callahan will have to...

1. win a minimum of 10 games.
  2. win the north.
  3. win the big twelve.
  4. compete in a BCS bowl. (bonus if it's for NC)

otherwise, pack your bags, billy... cause YER GONE..! clearly, he's not getting the job done 'cause he's an idiot.

after that, we'll just find someone to take over our legendary football program. and keep firing and re-hiring until we get the perect match.

i mean, how bad could it get? look how alabama is doing.

I agree hack...............people have unreal expectations of our team sometimes and expectations like that are a tall order for any coach in any division!!!! Do I want us to meet those expectations??? Your damn right, but you have to live in reality at times and reality is we were horrible 2 years ago.......

I think most on here are still upset and just venting. They will calm down soon enough and things will look more clear to them. We all know the "chronic haters" will not change their constant abusive posts but at least there are not alot them.

Especially since were getting better every year. :hmmph

I'll have to agree w/ BC not adjusting the playcalling to his current personel. Look at Joe Dailey. He clearly wasn't a passer and was brought in to run the option, yet we still threw the ball 45 times a game w/ him. That didn't turn out too well.

I thought it was a dynamite call. It worked!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen the reply....IT WORKED. THE PLAYER FUMBLED IT though KEY WORD=====PLAYER......Were complaining about a play that worked?!?!?

Agreed, I think he could have got a the one or two yards necessary if he gets the pitch. I think he saw too much green in front of him. Wasn't that shanle? You'd think we'd have someone else in there, like a receiver.