FIRE CALLAHAN!

<snip> But we won the North so mission accomplished!

You know, I thought that was a really LAME goal all year. Seems like our team was ready to go beyond that goal, but the coaches just relaxed. Perhaps I'm just naive and used to the power football teams of the past, but the big 12 north should be a gimme. Next year let's get a better goal, like have less than 3 losses.

He is the coach we need to take us back to the national title contender level. I don't know if he's the coach to actually win us a national title, but he will get us back in contention. He's done a great job at installing the new offense and is getting us good quality recruits.

There's room for debate on whether or not he will just be a program rebuilder/transition coach or a long term national title coach. He's going to learn like all other coaches do as they continue with their coaching careers. People expect him to be flawless, which is seriously unfair.

OMG PANIC~!!!!

Same story as the Big 12 Championship. Defense played well enough to win, offense couldn't produce jack. Receivers didn't get open, Running game got stuffed in the second half.

Like abc said, if the fake works it's OMG TEH BEST. Since it didn't, it's a bad call. Standard NU fan reaction. The bad thing about it is it gives more ammo to the Husker haters.

<snip> But we won the North so mission accomplished!

You know, I thought that was a really LAME goal all year. Seems like our team was ready to go beyond that goal, but the coaches just relaxed. Perhaps I'm just naive and used to the power football teams of the past, but the big 12 north should be a gimme. Next year let's get a better goal, like have less than 3 losses.

Read the post again i was being sarcastic some of the High School teams in my region could win the North.

Many on here did not like the fake punt deep in our territory. I also think it was a bad call however.....I suspect that if it would have worked, many on here would be praising him and saying gutsy call. I bet I would not hear anything about being a bad call if the play had worked. My point is this....its easy to be a Monday morning QB and get wrapped around the axle. I don't like some of his play calling either, but I do know firing him is not the answer for our program.

They are not going to fire him, he is still recruiting top folks and developing....but a "gutsy call" .... hardly, your team is dominating the play and you decide it is time for a fake punt in your ownterritory for what reason? Fake punts like that are done to turn the tide of the game or try to gain momentum. They already had both, what that call did was give momentum to Auburn...

He is the coach we need to take us back to the national title contender level. I don't know if he's the coach to actually win us a national title, but he will get us back in contention. He's done a great job at installing the new offense and is getting us good quality recruits.

There's room for debate on whether or not he will just be a program rebuilder/transition coach or a long term national title coach. He's going to learn like all other coaches do as they continue with their coaching careers. People expect him to be flawless, which is seriously unfair.

You have to win big games to take a team into national title contention and he hasn't proven he can do that yet....time will tell

Last I checked you had to win the north to get anywhere.

Can someone explain to me how to get to the BCS (minus the at-large) *without* winning your division in the Big 12? Please, tell me. I really want to know how we can not win the North because apparently it's below us? Get real.

To get better you have to beat good ranked teams... yes they beat TX A&M by a prayer at the end. they got beat by USC, OK, TX and Auburn all top 10 teams and then beat teams with a combined record of 42-57.... You have to play better than that to be considered a top tier team...They are a ways away.

lost to TX on a prayer, unfortuate turnovers inside the 20 killed us for both OU and today. we are VERY VERY close. just need to make a few adjustments. IF we will is another story, but to say we are a ways awy is foolish. this isn't like solich's last year where we had a good record, but got BLASTED in the losses

*yawn*

I just feel terrible for the kids. They were the better team, and deserved to win. Too bad their coach held them back.

I got ya, though. No big deal.

"We are making great progress!"

"We are achieving our goals!"

"We are getting better and better!"

"Yada yada yada..!"