FIRE CALLAHAN!

I swear some of the people on this site ought to work for the Iraqi dept. of information

Everything's great! 9-5 is fun!!!! Weeeee! Callahan is a genius! Lets give him more money and an extra decade to beat a ranked team!!!!!

Firing him is probably not the answer. But I feel he needs to be held accountable for some pretty terrible desicions. A fake punt deep in your own territory, basically running four plays back to back to back when you deperately need a score, and then stupidly looking at your kicker and deciding a scholarship athlete on the division one level can't make a 46 yard field goal to extend the game.

Those are all problems. I'm sorry, but everyone wants to draw comparisons to TO, but TO was getting owned in games that were for the top 10 ranking or higher, TO NEVER dropped from the polls, NU is about to again. TO won games where he trailed at the half, BC is still waiting for his first. There is no comparison there, when Callahan can field a team that can crack the top 15 and stay there consistencly, leeway can be given.

But 9-5 this season was underachieving. Too many games were given away or poorly executed when everyone was watching and that is inexcusable.

Woah, I'm upset with the playcalling as well but damn. Remember that we just lost to a team that beat LSU and Florida (both BCS teams, one of which is in the NC game) by 3 points even though we spotted them 14 and did nothing in the 2nd half... Yes the playcalls were bad and yes some changes need to be addressed but theres some really good things happening here as well.

It took years for Oz to win the big one and he had a loaded team to begin with... and just remember we used to praise Oz for NOT kicking field goals and for going for 2 in the big games.

You might have a different outcome. It's hard to say what would have happened for sure, so I don't ever play that game. The interception and fake punt definitely hurt us, though.

Anyone who watched the game (and isn't currently going into orbit like a mental patient) should be able to say the game could have easily gone either way. While a win would have been awesome, and I think the team was capable of it, playing Auburn that well is still a good end to our 3rd season under this system.

Some of these people definitely need to take their meds before they hurt themselves. Callahan has definitely shown some questionable decisions, though. That doesn't mean he should be fired, he just needs to examine his own decisions and learn from his mistakes.

Agree. Some of his play calling is questionable but there is alot more to being a coach then just play calling. He has got us heading in the right direction.

Maybe we should look at some of the tradition rich programs that have been quick to fire coaches. Where are they at having to start over all the time?

Woah, I'm upset with the playcalling as well but damn. Remember that we just lost to a team that beat LSU and Florida (both BCS teams, one of which is in the NC game) by 3 points even though we spotted them 14 and did nothing in the 2nd half... Yes the playcalls were bad and yes some changes need to be addressed but theres some really good things happening here as well.

It took years for Oz to win the big one and he had a loaded team to begin with... and just remember we used to praise Oz for NOT kicking field goals and for going for 2 in the big games.

Agreed. The team is going in the correct direction. Hung in with a top SEC team that is supposed to be unstoppable due to their speed. Not the best game we played but our D was great. Take away the two turnovers, or hell, just the fake punt, and it is ours. Playcalling was questionable at times but I enjoyed the game. Can't wait to see what happens in '07, should be a great year, look for better things to come. Much better.

The coaching staff definitely displayed their typical second half ineptitude in their offensive play-calling.

But nobody should be fired. They'll learn from their failures, just like Osborne and his staff did.

Still, I can't believe we didn't tie the game after that fumble. Absolutely disgraceful, the way we pissed that opportunity down our leg. I can't watch anymore football today (at least until we get to watch Oklahoma get embarassed).

It's going to be a long off-season.

To get better you have to beat good ranked teams... yes they beat TX A&M by a prayer at the end. they got beat by USC, OK, TX and Auburn all top 10 teams and then beat teams with a combined record of 42-57.... You have to play better than that to be considered a top tier team...They are a ways away.

Cally isn't going anywhere unless he resigns so stop with the fire him garbage. I really don't know what the hell he is doing and I am not sure he does either....wait I just figured it out he must have bet on Auburn thats why he kept telegraphing plays all day and 3 runs in a row to take us out of field goal position and a 1 reciever route on 4th down.hmmmm somethings fishy.

He is still pretty new at this coaching thing so we as fans should keep spoon feeding him and let PUD changes his diapers.

What an embarrassing way to enter the new year. But we won the North so mission accomplished!

Many on here did not like the fake punt deep in our territory. I also think it was a bad call however.....I suspect that if it would have worked, many on here would be praising him and saying gutsy call. I bet I would not hear anything about being a bad call if the play had worked. My point is this....its easy to be a Monday morning QB and get wrapped around the axle. I don't like some of his play calling either, but I do know firing him is not the answer for our program.

Absolutely agree, Callahan needs to go! I have said this from the beginning...he's just awful and has turned the Huskers into a boring, one-dimensional team. Today was just plain miserable.

You've said it from the begining with 1 post?!

LMAO I was thinking the same thing. I think someone forgot which Username they came into the board with today(Benard....Formerfan) :clap

either way i think callahan needs some sort of help coaching

to consistantly make horrible calls, somethings gotta change with him.

i dont think he deserves to get fired.

aside for a lack of confidence from ZT, i think we did pretty well for the most part.

lets hope its better next season.