FIRE CALLAHAN!

It's sad enough that we don't have a FG kicker that can kick a mid 40 yard field goal...and so then I guess we have to go for a 4th and 11 after the best we can do is run the same damn plays that Auburn saw coming when they walked on to the field after halftime...unbelievable that he draws up that bullcrap on 4th down. This game shouldn't even have been close in no way shape or form, but once again we were letdown. I don't know how much more of this I or anyone else can take, but losing by a small margin to a high ranked team is getting very old and fast when we know we can do so much better. Better play calling = easy win for us today...but no. Just what the hell was that we saw today?

Well, I knew all of the trolls would be coming out if we lost this game. For all who think BC should be fired....who do suggest we get to come in here and change the offense again, build a rapport with the fans, players, and future recruits? That might take another few years, but I am sure that the person you suggest would be so much better....hell, if they lost a bowl game you would be asking to fire them too. Screw it, lets just get a new head coach every year.....A$$ES!!!!!

Well, I knew all of the trolls would be coming out if we lost this game. For all who think BC should be fired....who do suggest we get to come in here and change the offense again, build a rapport with the fans, players, and future recruits? That might take another few years, but I am sure that the person you suggest would be so much better....hell, if they lost a bowl game you would be asking to fire them too. Screw it, lets just get a new head coach every year.....A$$ES!!!!!

EXCACTLY!!! Most of the so called Husker fans don't remember the years when Osborne would go to the Orange bowl and get his ass handed to him year after year! :blink: It only took the guy almost 20 years to get his first NC! Oh well, I expect that from people who only started watching the Huskers in 1995!!!!!

I don't agree that he should be fired, but I do agree that it was TERRIBLE play calling. I really feel badly for our players who worked their butts off all year, making their goal of winning the Big 12 North, only to be rewarded by HORRIFIC coaching.

Callie was bold at the wrong times, and conservative at the wrong times -- 1st and 10 from the 30 or 35 on that last possession, let's see some play action or go for the endzone. We don't want a field goal tie, we want to WIN -- where's the aggressive play calling there? Two runs to the short side of the field on 1st and 2nd downs? Almost looked like T.O. was back. :wtf

Can't blame everything on him, though -- not sure what that 4th down play was supposed to be, but you can't fault the coach for a pass thrown 10 yards out of bounds. The point I guess is that we NEVER should have been in a 4th and 12 situation at that point.

Oh, well. Good start, we just fell apart offensively in the 2nd half. Better luck in 2007!

Not to mention we played with Auburn, who is a good team. We played just as well, if not a little better, in a game that could have gone either way. That's still a good accomplishment.

We played just as good, better in the first half, take away the two turnovers, you have a different outcome.

We don't need to fire Callahan, but he is going to be on the hot seat next season if he doesn't give us the big win or big season we have been waiting for. You would think that he would be able to pull through in a big game like this and finally win one for us, but I guess he just doesn't do his homework as well as some other coaches do. How many times in a row are we going to throw this swing pass with the rb coming out of the backfield(don't get me wrong, I loved it the first 10 times!)...but how the hell can you continue to be so predictable late in the game when you need something big!!!!

The Huksers won the first half, except for one bad tipped ball, and then a bone headed fake punt call on your own 23 for gawd's sake.

But, then, after clearly controlling the LOS, on offense and defense, in the 1st half, BC figures the Tigers will just do the same thing in the second half. Well, they didn't and he didn't adapt the Hukser attack. Isn't that the the WCO is all about, flexibility. Yet, insted, we see the same plays run over and over agin for no yards.

And dont' even get me started on not trying field goals.........

I can't wait until next year to see if someone on that coaching staff can coach these kids for an ENTIRE game.