TRUST

Instead of copying and pasting my quote 100 times, I've decided to start my own thread.

The word of the day is TRUST

The play(punt fake) worked. An excellent call, that took huge balls that possible could have went for big yardage with Shanle, great speed, had THE PLAYER caught it.

I love gutsy calls. He's a great head coach because he trusts and loves his players. He trusted his players to play the game without worrying about making mistakes. That's a great quality to have as a coach...TRUST!!!!!!!!Unfortunately, PLAYERS aren't perfect and sometime make mistakes. Life goes on.

If he worried his players would make mistakes all the time we would go .500 every year....gotta take chance and for the most part they worked all year.

I agree. The same people chastising BC need to ask themselves if they were the same people lauding him for his "ballzy brilliance" during the CU game and others.

If I had any issue with THAT call, it was that it was designed for THAT guy. who is not that type of player. that is all.

On the issue of trust, one has to wonder whether the team can trust their coach to make proper calls in important spots.

Oh god, shut the hell up dont even speculate like that if you dont know anyone inside the team or anything. If those players dont trust in that coach they wouldnt be coming here to play ball, wouldnt stay for Senior seasons, and not transfering. The players trust the coaches and the coaches trust the players, this team has a vision and is taking steps to get there... sorry its not fast enough for you :ahhhhhhhh

Just imagine if the fake punt play would have worked. All of these haters right now would sound a little something like this:

CALLAHAN'S A F'N GENIUS THAT FAKE PUNT PLAY WAS BRILLIANT. CALLAHAN IS HERE TO STAY!

Exactly... I would have loved to hear what have been said if Tierre Green would have fumbled the snap during the CU game. The play didn't work, that's why it's called a gamble, that's what happens during college football. Was it too much of a gamble considering the sitiuation, that could be argued, but yes if it is pulled off everyone says Callahan is the man.

Just imagine if the fake punt play would have worked. All of these haters right now would sound a little something like this:

CALLAHAN'S A F'N GENIUS THAT FAKE PUNT PLAY WAS BRILLIANT. CALLAHAN IS HERE TO STAY!

If If If, If we didn't fumble we would have be Texas. If Mo didn't catch the ball we would have lost to A&M. If KU played better in Ot we would have lost. If's don't work. Jump back into reality and see what happened.

We did fumble the ball on the fake punt

We did fumble the ball against Texas

We did catch the football in the closing seconds against A&M

We did stop KU in OT

Its time to stop living in If fairyland.

If If If, If we didn't fumble we would have be Texas. If Mo didn't catch the ball we would have lost to A&M. If KU played better in Ot we would have lost. If's don't work. Jump back into reality and see what happened.

We did fumble the ball on the fake punt

We did fumble the ball against Texas

We did catch the football in the closing seconds against A&M

We did stop KU in OT

Its time to stop living in If fairyland.

I think you are missing the point. The point is not about the punt working or not working... the point is Callahan's head should not be on the block because of one play. If the play works no one says he should be fired most likely... however it didn't work and we move on. The point is that it is one play and you don't hang a job on one play...

Exactly... I would have loved to hear what have been said if Tierre Green would have fumbled the snap during the CU game. The play didn't work, that's why it's called a gamble, that's what happens during college football. Was it too much of a gamble considering the sitiuation, that could be argued, but yes if it is pulled off everyone says Callahan is the man.

The Green play during the CU game was in an entirely different situation against an entirely different opponent. It was bad football to call that fake punt, regardless of the result.