Ridiculously Early 2007 Prediction Thread

September 1st vs. Nevada - W 44-17. Huskers roll all over the Wolfpack. Keller and Lee get their fair share of snaps in this one.

September 8th at Wake Forest - W 37-30. Huskers trail late in Winston-Salem. Callahan leaves Congdon on the sideline on a 4th & 5 from the 40. Husker fans cringe as they flash back to the Cotton Bowl. Keller takes the snap rolls out and hits a wide open Maurice Purify in the back of the endzone. Touchdown Nebraska! Huskers pull this one out.

September 15th vs. USC - W 28-14 Callahan learns his lesson from last year. First play from scrimmage, Keller hits a streaking Terrence Nunn down the sideline for a touchdown. Blackshirts shut down the USC offense all night with Zach Potter getting 3 sacks. Huskers start to get some respect.

September 22nd vs. Ball State - W 56-3 This game shouldn't even be scheduled this late. Lee starts the second half and shows his stuff throwing for 3 TDs.

September 29th vs. Iowa State - W 32-24 1st half is owned by Iowa State as they jump on the Huskers 21-0. 2nd half sparked by Keller's toughness as he's hit 8 times while throwing but sacked 0 times in the 2nd half. Iowa State only musters a second half field goal as the Huskers storm back for a win.

October 6th at Missouri - L 22-21 OT Tough game fought to the end. Huskers score a last second TD to tie it up at 14 all at the end of the 4th. Nebraska gets the ball first and gets a TD. Tigers get the ball, Daniel runs up the middle (while picking his nose, kid can do it all!) on the first play and scores. Pinkel gets gutsy and goes for 2 and gets it. Huskers lose heart breaker.

October 13th vs. Oklahoma State - W 66-17 Two inspirations going into this one, 2006 and last week. Callahan shows no mercy and keeps the starters in through the 4th quarter. Okie State can't stop Keller and Co. and the 'Skers roll.

October 20th vs. Texas A&M - W 35-6 No last minute drive needed here. A&M struggles all day and the Huskers take advantage. 2 Stephen McGee INT's go back for TD's by Zack Bowman. Huskers being considered as major national title contender.

October 27th at Texas - W 22-20 Yup, same score as last year, different story. This time, Texas takes the lead late in the game.On what looked like the last chance, Kenny Wilson fumbles at the one. Huskers fans prepare to grieve another close loss to Texas. Mack Brown looks to get pretty and throws on first down. McCoy's pass is INTERCEPTED! Bowman takes the ball back for a touchdown. Extra point up and good and the Huskers win.

November 3rd at Kansas - W 33-21 Kansas continues to get better but cannot stop the Big Red Machine. Nebraska's trip to Lawrence feels a lot better than the last one.

November 10th vs. Kansas State - W 42-10 Sam Keller says goodbye on senior day after only one year. Keller makes the most of it as the Huskers roll over the kitty-cats. Keller throws for 2 TD's and 350 yards.

November 23rd at Colorado - W 55-0 Not quite Dan Hawkins. Colorado does have a good year but finishes ineligible to a bowl thanks to the Big Red Army. Keller plays like there's no defense on the field and throws for 4 TD's and nearly 400 yards. The Blackshirts shut down every aspect of the Colorado offense. The only bottles on the field this time was when it was the CU's players feeding time.

December 1st vs. Oklahoma Big XII Championship - W 35-21 Callahan sets the ship right and picks up NU's first conference title since '99. OU has no answer for Keller to Purify and the show goes on all night.

January 1st vs. Boise State Fiesta Bowl - W 33-30 The Mizzou loss costs NU a shot at the title. Huskers settle for the Fiesta against another undefeated Boise team. There'd be no miracle on this night. Congdon DOES get his shot to win the game for NU and sends a field goal through the pipes with a minute left to knock off Boise and give NU at least a shot for a share of the title.

55, 56 and 66.......this is the post i was refering to......we will never get close to that type of point production next season......just my opinion.......don't see where those numbers would come from

55, 56 and 66.......this is the post i was refering to......we will never get close to that type of point production next season......just my opinion.......don't see where those numbers would come from

Oh, I thought you meant consecutively . . . so I was looking for that. My bad.

no problem, i hope we can score like that, but gosh, lots of things would have to come together

Hey huskerfaninokieland or whatever your name is.....i would love for you to read the post the guy from texas said about mack brown. Once again Brown did that with the number one recruiting class like five years in a row. Callahan has had TWO full classes and his third season overall, RELAX, learn some more things about football, then give your opinion.

I am relaxed. Not sure I understand where you're going with your statements. If you're inferring I have no faith in Caly, you're off base. Way off base. If you're inferring I know nothing about football, again you're way off base.

Number one recruiting class at Texas 5 years in a row?? Not sure where you got that info. According to Rivals.com, here are Texas' recruiting rankings going back to 02 (Vince Youngs recruiting class)

'02-#1

'03-#15 (Tied with Okie State)

'04-#10

'05-#20

'06-#5

'07-currently #1

Scout.com's rankings

'02-#1

'03-#14

'04-#10

'05-#13

'06-#3

'07-currently #1

Now if you want to say those 5 #1 rankings in a row were prior to 02, then you just proved my point about Vince Young winning the NC for Texas, not Mack Browns coaching. But that is my humble opinion and I'm rightfully entitled to it whether you agree with it or not

Sept. 1: Nevada W 28-27

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest L 21-17

Sept. 15: USC L 35-20

Sept. 22: Ball State W 56-7

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 45-14

Oct. 6: @ Missouri L 28-21

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State L 38-28

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 28-17

Oct. 27: @ Texas L 31-21

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 31-28

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 35-27

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 35-28

Texas Bowl Win

8-5 record

:tv

October 6th at Missouri - L 22-21 OT Tough game fought to the end. Huskers score a last second TD to tie it up at 14 all at the end of the 4th. Nebraska gets the ball first and gets a TD. Tigers get the ball, Daniel runs up the middle (while picking his nose, kid can do it all!) on the first play and scores. Pinkel gets gutsy and goes for 2 and gets it. Huskers lose heart breaker.

:clap:clap:clap:lol::lol::lol::rollin:rollin:rollin

:tv:tv:tv:funnyhahah:funnyhahah:funnyhahah:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar

Actually, it will go like this:

On the two point conversion, Daniel again runs up the middle (again picking his nose!) A trio of Husker linebackers meet him at the one yardline slamming him back to the five yard line, where medical assistance is required to remove his boogery finger from the base of his brain. Daniel's was unavailable for comment after the game due to the need to assess the seriousness of the booger lobotomy he performed on himself.

Side note, officials immeidately pass the Anti-Daniel Booger Denial Rule, (similar to the baseball rule against putting foreign substances on the baseball by pitchers).

• 2 months later...

Sept. 1: Nevada W 28-27

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest L 21-17

Sept. 15: USC L 35-20

Sept. 22: Ball State W 56-7

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 45-14

Oct. 6: @ Missouri L 28-21

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State L 38-28

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 28-17

Oct. 27: @ Texas L 31-21

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 31-28

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 35-27

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 35-28

Texas Bowl Win

8-5 record

OK....well lets put the MIZOU game to bed early....Tigers had a great team(MU standards) and still got beat by a decent husker team....07 Huskers are too much for them

OKIE State will learn to respect Bowman Murrillo....Assante and Co. this one is not close

Wake Forrest loses way to much to compete with a nasty Husker team on the rise....the losses to graduation and lack of depth make this an easy pick

Texas / USC....if the Huskers can earn a split then a Big12 Title is there for the taking...if not ...then a decent year and a nice bowl will have to do...but 5-0 versus the North will restore cave dwellings as the accepted form of living in former Big 8 North......this will be the last fall where KSU, CU,MU,and KU talk of making a run to the big12 title game...after the beating that BC and Co. hand out it will be just like the Big 2 and little 6 days....AWE>>>>>>>>>>>Yes........cheap away game tickets and plenty of room in Manhattan to drink

GBR

Last years expectations were to win the north and go to the title game.

We did.

This year IMO winning the conference and getting a bcs game is a goal that is obtainable.

lots of question marks on the D and O lines....but hope you are right. could be a rocky start until these kids get more playing time together. as long as we see consistent improvement THROUGH THE SEASON, i won't complain. that means no clunkers (OSU) like we saw last year. that loss was inexcusable in my mind.

a well coached team with talent improves as the season moves along, i want to see that this year!

I tend to over respect opponents. So my predictions aren't because of my lack of belief in my beloved, but because I always view our opponents as "Oh my god, how are we going to stop them?!?!?!?"

Nevada:

Win, pretty easily. Although, new QB in his first game, we could start slow and thus letting them think that they actually have a shot at winning this could be closer than expected. Especially considering how close they played the U last year.

42-14

Wake Forest:

Tough win. The fighting Grobes prove to be tougher than expected. Their ground pound attack will take its toll on our fresh new front 4 and will be very pesky and difficult to stop consistently. however, Sam Keller and Co will torch their secondary and Wake will not have the means to make a comeback with their offensive scheme.

42-28

USC:

Loss, pretty easily. Rey Maualuga will reak havoc all over the field for USC and we will be beaten down badly in our own barn. Sam Keller will throw for many yards and many INTs, if given the opportunity. If we game plan similarly to last year then we will obviously not. We will be able to run the ball slightly better than last year on these guys. Asante's pass coverage ability will be exploited this game, as he is much better on blitzing and run stopping than pass coverge (his scouting report).

17-28

Ball State:

With all due respect to the Cardinals as they have been improving the last few years and are much better than a typical Ball St team. This game is a joke.

A lot - a little

Iowa State:

I still think they're offense is loaded with talent, especially for an Iowa State team. Good lord, everyone returns that matters. As a Prep grad, that's tough to say with Hicks graduating, but it's probably true. These guys will have better coaching on the offensive side of the ball this year and NU will find out that ISU truly is like a elusive mosquito that just won't go away. ISU makes this close in spite of the fact that the game is in Lincoln.

35-24

Missouri:

Loss. Missouri's high powered offense is unstoppable and NU cannot pick up a win yet again in Columbia. This game will be very back and forth and will be the bud for the ensuing NU/MU rivalry in years to come. Because unlike other losses in Columbia, in this one MU will have to pull something out of their butt to beat us. And they will. And we will be not happy at all about it.

31-34

Okie Lite:

Loss. Adarius Bowman and Bobby Reid have a breakout year. Okie Lite beats OU as well this year. NU is really pissed that they lost both times to OSU and there starts to be lots of grumblings about the D.

31-42

A&M:

Win by the skin of our teeth. Just like last year the Husk will win, but probably shouldn't have. Luckily this will be a game where the friendly confines of Memorial will help our boys to a win. Stephen McGee shows lots of moxy in this game and wins the respect of many of the Husker nation. The defense actually is what will win this game for us.

20-19 (It seems like A&M scores are always goofy)

UT:

NU wins, barely. NU is pissed about last year and come out with a vengeance. Colt McCoy shows that he has no "Major Applewhite-ness" in him and folds early in the third quarter. NU plays it's best game of the season in Austin.

34-27

Kansas:

NU wins by a large margin. After the last two seasons, NU wants to send a message to the Fighting Manginos and does.

49-10

Kansas St:

Josh Freeman is by now settled in and become the QB we all thought he would be. But as will be his story for his whole career while at KSU has no help around him and must do it all, which as it turns out is not enough on this day.

38-23

Colorado:

The Hawk has his boys playing very well by now and despite a tough start to an early tough nonconference schedule the Buffs are now perhaps the hottest team in the North. Cody Hawkins/Nick Nelson will have a big day and be rewarded for their efforts. CU wins with a last second field goal.

24-27

Final Record: 8-4 (5-3)