Congdon Leaving Temporarily

DaveH

That's weird. There was a rumor that he would go to USC, but that had been put to bed. How can two articles have such different quotes?

Wonder if the sudden death of USC's kicker will have any effect on what kickers USC looks for, and who is available. Perfect (allbeit unfortunate) situation for a kid that is homesick for Cali, moving home, and looking for a place to go to school and kick.

Thoughts???

Looks like we had it right 2 weeks ago.

Conspiracy :o

If he is so mediocre, why would the like of Preseason #1 and perennial powerhouse USC even want to bother? If he does earn playing time there, it will be UNL's loss. If he can't get playing time there, then it is no big loss to UNL

Or, maybe it's that his family forced him to give up part of his liver and are now pressuring him to go to USC so the family can get free rent, and draw upon the hundreds of thousands of dollars some USC athletes get. Or maybe its the new car with upgrades..... :sarcasm

I'm going to ask it again-- why on earth do people hate him so much? 19 of 23? 5 of 7 (they didn't let him kick this year)... what? I just want to know why everyone perpetuates this "cogdon sucks" myth... can someone please tell me?

Beats me. I realize he didn't have the strongest leg in the world, but he came in here and did a great job on the field goals and the PATs he was asked to kick. A very accurate and consistent kicker when kicking within his range.

I think what some people are saying isn't that they hate him, but that he was limited in his range - and it became more apparent this year. Still, he did what he was asked to do, and did it well.

I see a lot of this in the threads about players and coaches leaving-- it's not a big deal, we have others, he sucked anyway, now we'll get someone better, and the like. It's so strange. Yeah, maybe if ONLY cogdon left it wouldn't be a big deal or ONLY one coach left/tried to leave it wouldn't be a big deal... but this really looks like rats off a sinking ship. We're just up on the party deck and we don't see the water filling the lower levels.

I'm going to ask it again-- why on earth do people hate him so much? 19 of 23? 5 of 7 (they didn't let him kick this year)... what? I just want to know why everyone perpetuates this "cogdon sucks" myth... can someone please tell me?

Beats me. I realize he didn't have the strongest leg in the world, but he came in here and did a great job on the field goals and the PATs he was asked to kick. A very accurate and consistent kicker when kicking within his range.

I think what some people are saying isn't that they hate him, but that he was limited in his range - and it became more apparent this year. Still, he did what he was asked to do, and did it well.

I see a lot of this in the threads about players and coaches leaving-- it's not a big deal, we have others, he sucked anyway, now we'll get someone better, and the like. It's so strange. Yeah, maybe if ONLY cogdon left it wouldn't be a big deal or ONLY one coach left/tried to leave it wouldn't be a big deal... but this really looks like rats off a sinking ship. We're just up on the party deck and we don't see the water filling the lower levels.

Who has all left that makes you think this is a sinking ship. BJax went to the pros early because he thinks he is good enough to make it as a pro running back (not that he thinks NU is going down hill). We heard that Lucky thought about leaving, but got guidance from the coaches here, his coach back home and his parents and is staying here. Blake left for a better position, plus with his history as a coach and all the moving around he does, would not indicate that he moved because Nebraska is a sinking ship. Norvell is interviewing for a better job. I don't think that shows that it is a sinking ship but rather a way for him to keep his options open. We really don't know exactly why Congdon left, everyone has their own theories about him.

You see lots of threads, but no one besides Jackson has actually left.

Coaches will come and go. We won't have the same staff for 20 years anymore.

I would suggest you don't over think a bunch of mostly conjecture.

Who has all left that makes you think this is a sinking ship. BJax went to the pros early because he thinks he is good enough to make it as a pro running back (not that he thinks NU is going down hill).

how about the other numerous players that have jumped ship in the past 3 years?

so much for it being temporarily and donating a liver

Who has all left that makes you think this is a sinking ship. BJax went to the pros early because he thinks he is good enough to make it as a pro running back (not that he thinks NU is going down hill).

So you think the likes of Harrison Beck, David Horne, Ross Pilkington, Grant Mulkey leaving is an indication of a sinking ship?

You see lots of threads, but no one besides Jackson has actually left.

Coaches will come and go. We won't have the same staff for 20 years anymore.

I would suggest you don't over think a bunch of mostly conjecture.

Err... Isn't conjecture the point of a message board?

So you think the likes of Harrison Beck, David Horne, Ross Pilkington, Grant Mulkey leaving is an indication of a sinking ship?

no. but when you mix in a handful of qbs with beck being the perfect most bragged about qb recruit since frazier.

one third of the greatest recruiting class in the history of football.

a handful of assistants coaches who have taken demotions.

senior captians like pilkington who have just quit.

all americans like bullocks and washington who took off.

jackson and congdon who were not happy with their rolls and left.

if you look at the big picture and consider it then the question needs to be asked.

Scott Downing left to become a Head Coach.

John Blake left to become a DL/Asst. Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator

Norvell is leaving to become an OC with total control of an Offense

Turner left to go to Green Bay and is now a Head Coach

Which one took a demotion?

If you think Blake took a demotion then you are kidding yourself.

comparing working at a top traditional football power such as nu to working at second and third tier programs like ucla and unc is assinine. comparing coaching at nu and a div 2 school is idiocy.

gill bailed on bc and quit coaching for a year lest you forget.

comparing working at a top traditional football power such as nu to working at second and third tier programs like ucla and unc is assinine. comparing coaching at nu and a div 2 school is idiocy.

gill bailed on bc and quit coaching for a year lest you forget.

Give me a break if you think that just because some one leaves NU it is a step down. Not every one views NU as this Golden University. Sorry but getting the TWO titles added to Blake's position is a better job then he had at NU. You can bank on it that with the next 3 years UNC will be a Top 15 team. Norvell getting total control of in offense at a BCS Conference school is a step up. Do you actually think that if Downing would have stayed here he would of got a better Head Coaching chance? I didn't forget that Turner left to join the Green Bay organization.

Once again this guys did not take a step down. maybe in your eyes they did but professionally they did not.