Peterson to TE??

One big thing that we are looking for with this recruiting class is a big play TE. We have McNeil who the coaches aparently are high on, which is awesome that we have a RS freshman TE that will most likely make a big impact next year. But what if we moved Todd Peterson to TE? We are set fairly well at WR and I would doubt that he gets as much playing time next year as he did this year. He is only 10 to 20 pounds lighter than our other TE's, and can run faster and catch better? Why not give it a try and see what comes of it. Play him where he would mainly run routes and not have to block etc....Heck his rating jumps dramatically in ncaa 2007 when you make the move, and we all know that video games depict the truth 100% :sarcasm

Maybe try him as a hybrid WR/TE? What are your thoughts.

That's not a bad idea! It seems like he would be an ideal fit in a west coast offense which usually features a TE. He reminds me of a player named Eric Bjornson who played TE/WR at UW and then in the NFL the cowboys used him solely as TE. He would definitely help stretch defenses. He seems a little tall and lanky, if he could add some weight I think he would be a homerun at TE.

I love that idea, as much as we shift and motion before the play. He could easily start at reciever and then shift to the other side in the tight end position and either block for back side running plays ( I don't see him being strong enough for play side) or for play action passes or just regular drop back passes.

I've been pushing this idea since the beginning of recruiting season. We need that consistent set of hands over the middle and Peterson is capable of being that if he puts on 15-20 lbs.

I'm also in favor of the idea to have Glenn play FB (if B-Jax returns)... gets more talent on the field and gives Defenses even more to think about.

Having guys that contribute but aren't going to get the start move to other spots to get the most talent on the field at any given time is never a bad thing.

I would kind of like to see Callahan go away from the fullback and put in a more of an "H" back in the offense. A bigger guy that can double as a fullback or tight end as well as split out or in the slot to catch passes. I don't know if Peterson is big enough to be that kind of guy but Glenn, Wilson, Phillips, McNeil are.

I've been pushing this idea since the beginning of recruiting season. We need that consistent set of hands over the middle and Peterson is capable of being that if he puts on 15-20 lbs.

I'm also in favor of the idea to have Glenn play FB (if B-Jax returns)... gets more talent on the field and gives Defenses even more to think about.

Having guys that contribute but aren't going to get the start move to other spots to get the most talent on the field at any given time is never a bad thing.

Interesting...I never thought about Glenn as FB, but what a lethal combo to try and defend if BJax returns.

Yeah moving Peterson is a great idea. If they let the FB carry the damn ball then moving Glenn could be good also.

I would kind of like to see Callahan go away from the fullback and put in a more of an "H" back in the offense. A bigger guy that can double as a fullback or tight end as well as split out or in the slot to catch passes. I don't know if Peterson is big enough to be that kind of guy but Glenn, Wilson, Phillips, McNeil are.

That sounds good.

I think Peterson would be a good slot TE, certainly not big enough for run blocking but he could certainly stretch the defense and would be good on a boot off the stretch.