BJax draft stock low

HANC

:restore I am not going to post the entire article, but today's paper (Omaha) states that BJ is definately a 2nd day pick, and one analayst (Croyle from draftinsider) says that BJ would have to really impress scouts at the combine to even break into the top 150 !!!!

Personally, I think that BJ should come back for another year.... I understand that we already have a thread on all of this, but I thought the "new" report would spark interest..

1st of all, he can't even stay healthy in college.....this year was the lone exception, and his hand was a freak deal, but an injury all the same.... NFL scouts look at all of this...

2nd of all, with a few ohter underclass RB declaring, BJ is dropping on the board.... he probably just moved below Walker from ND who just declared...

3rd of all, someone on the other thread mentioned that BJ's job wasn't even "safe" at NU, so BJ should enter....Man, if he can't win the job at NU, how the heck is "ready" to compete for a ROSTER spot in the NFL?

4th of all....even if BJ is not the starter or "feature-back" next year, doesn't mean that he will not make a good back in the NFL..... I am a Steeler fan, and I believe that Willie Parker is doin' just fine....non starter in college..

5th of all....if you are NFL worthy, it doesn't matter how many other RB are in the draft (next yr)...if you have it, you have it.... If he is a day 2 guy (4-6 rd) this year, he might as well take a chance on improving this for next year..

Finally, and the BEST REASON, for BJ to stay, is that I love this guy, and I really want him to be a Husker one more year :restore

LJS Blog: Jackson's decision will be announced tomorrow Reply

Jackson announcement nears

Monday marks the deadline for college underclassmen to enter the NFL Draft, and it appears Brandon Jackson may go right to the deadline with his official announcement.

"I don't think you'll find out today," brother Ben Jackson said Sunday. "He'll let everyone know (Monday)."

my only thought is if he was THAT good, he would have been the starter from game one last year.......he nees to have a big year in 2007 if he is going to be a 3nd or 4th rounder IMO.......

Sometimes the lure of money makes people do foolish things. he NEEDS a big year next year. Then he will go early and make much much more.

but what if he comes back and Lucky/Glenn/Wilson/Castille/Helu/Mendoza look oustanding and he doesnt get a lot of chances to show case his talent and his draft stock lowers. Or if he gets hurt in the first game and doesnt get drafted. I want Jackson, I think hes a solid back but in his best intrest he should go pro I think.

either way, we are gonna have A DAMN LOG-JAM at running back again, no doubt someone(s) not going to be happy, that is for sure! but it would be nice to have seperation and have a feature guy who could touch the ball 15-20 times per game, as most good teams have that...

i think every good team has a feature running back with power and speed.......

but what if he comes back and Lucky/Glenn/Wilson/Castille/Helu/Mendoza look oustanding and he doesnt get a lot of chances to show case his talent and his draft stock lowers. Or if he gets hurt in the first game and doesnt get drafted. I want Jackson, I think hes a solid back but in his best intrest he should go pro I think.

I'm sure one of those guys (Castille/Helu/Mendoza) will end up redshirting anyway. Depending on how much those other guys improve I would have to think that, if Jackson does come back, he will be the starter anyway. But I'm not the coach.......

This report is surprising in that I think the first report about Jackson maybe entering the draft in the LJS talked about how he could maybe be a 3rd rounder, and next year he wouldn't be as high because there are more good RB's coming out next year. He is a great contributor to the team, but he should do what's best for him.