Brandt thinks BJax should withdraw name

HANC

BJax won't be withdrawing his name. According to Steve Sipple (of the Lincoln Journal-Star)'s interview with Brandon's high school coach, he is upset about how he was used in the Cotton Bowl. Apparently the straw that broke the camel's back.

If that is the case than that is a pretty f'ing stupid reason to go. Straw that broke the camel's back? I don't get that.

BJax won't be withdrawing his name. According to Steve Sipple (of the Lincoln Journal-Star)'s interview with Brandon's high school coach, he is upset about how he was used in the Cotton Bowl. Apparently the straw that broke the camel's back.

If that is the case than that is a pretty f'ing stupid reason to go. Straw that broke the camel's back? I don't get that.

He might not have been happy with the cotton bowl experience but I don't think it played any part in him leaving. Its pretty plain to see he has someone(s) advising him.

I still think another yr like he had this yr would of pushed him near the top of backs coming out next yr. Right now he is iffy 3rd rd pick and probably a sure 4th rounder. Next yr he would of been a first day pick. He missed out on all the hype going into the next season he would of received too. He would of been a cover boy on all the regional publications. The press would of made him a media darling by the time the season started. You can't measure what that type of thing can do for your future.

Brandt was right on this one. The combine could help him but the pros already know he is capable of running a fast 40. He wont surprise anyone there really. Plus whats the hurry? Another yr would help in his case. WE are talking earning thousands over making millions a yr? A no-brainer if you ask me.

Brandon in my opinion made a huge mistake it goes to the old saying, " the bull runs down and maybe humps one cow or the bull who walks down and sneaks up and humps all the cows". Brandon Jackson ran down....period. The whole offensive line returns and he would of had a huge year next year IMO. Now he has to prove himself against faster, stronger, smarter players and it's put up or shut up in the NFL, if he does'nt he will be cast into NFL oblivion. It is the ugly truth.

Brandon in my opinion made a huge mistake it goes to the old saying, " the bull runs down and maybe humps one cow or the bull who walks down and sneaks up and humps all the cows". Brandon Jackson ran down....period. The whole offensive line returns and he would of had a huge year next year IMO. Now he has to prove himself against faster, stronger, smarter players and it's put up or shut up in the NFL, if he does'nt he will be cast into NFL oblivion. It is the ugly truth.

Ouch!!!

But you have a valid point there...

Then again he could be a sleeper pick (like that 7th rd pick rookie WR who is starting at New Orleans) and wished he had stayed and showed he could go a whole season. I think that is the biggest question mark with NFL teams going into the draft. Can he last though pre-season even? Maybe that played into him deciding to leave early too. Thinking he may only want to play so many seasons in the first place? His resume is filled with incomplete seasons. Maybe he is thinking "get it while you can?".

Who knows what these kids think these days...

I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in his shoes. I don't know what I would do to be honest with you. There is a chance that we will be much improved next season and make some big things happen so his name could've gotten out there more? :dunno

Consider also that when Green announced, he came from a run-only offense and didn't know a thing about picking up a blitz, really hadn't proven he could catch a ball and had some issues with fumbling. Jackson has proven effective at not only showing the patience to hit the hole, but he can be used in numerous ways because of his hands, power and speed.

Good point....... ;)

You guys do know how instrumental Brandt was in building the Cowboys dynasty of the 90's, right?

Not saying he's right here, but the guy knows his stuff.

Didn't the Vikings contribute greatly to the success of the Cowboys in the 90s? Does anyone remember the Hershel Walker trade? If you are from MN, you remember like it was yesterday...almost as much as the 98 blunder with Anderson missing the field goal.....I am not bitter! :sarcasm

You guys do know how instrumental Brandt was in building the Cowboys dynasty of the 90's, right?

Not saying he's right here, but the guy knows his stuff.

Didn't the Vikings contribute greatly to the success of the Cowboys in the 90s? Does anyone remember the Hershel Walker trade? If you are from MN, you remember like it was yesterday...almost as much as the 98 blunder with Anderson missing the field goal.....I am not bitter! :sarcasm

Ah yes, I remember that. Didn't both Aikman and Smith come from two of the Vikings draft picks that they sent them. That was a pretty bad trade. Heck even the Saints blunder to send all their picks for Ricky Williams was not nearly that bad.