Kyle Orton a Husker?

I was watching the Notre Dame Game, (good Pick Uncle Terrific Tom) and the announcers spent a good 5 minutes talking about Orton and the Huskers. I can't remember if they said, but is he from Nebraska?? He grew up watching Brook Berringer. That's why he wears 18. I wouldn't imagine him being recruited by by the Huskers. was he?

• 2 years later...

I found this old thread on like page 137 or something like that....I was looking to see what everyone was saying during the transitional year.....

Just wanted to say that Kyle Orton's dad, Byron Orton, was an all-state tight end and punter at Auburn Nebraska High School back in the fall of 1967....That's why Kyle was always an avid Husker fan....

By the way, is he still with the Bears?.....

I remember hearing an interview with him on the radio a couple years ago (probably about the time this thread was originally created). He said he would've loved to play for NU but he wasn't an option QB so he didn't pursue it, and was bummed when we changed to a passing offense shortly after he went to ND.

I remember hearing an interview with him on the radio a couple years ago (probably about the time this thread was originally created). He said he would've loved to play for NU but he wasn't an option QB so he didn't pursue it, and was bummed when we changed to a passing offense shortly after he went to ND.

Orton went to Purdue. He is still with the Chicago Bears.

I used to work at Wells Fargo and Kyle's sister worked there with me. I've never met the guy, but he really wanted to play for the Huskers and actually went to some of our camps. Obviously our old offense didn't fit the mold for him so that's why he went to Purdue. Now if he could just get over some of the stupid sh#t he does at Chicago when Rex goes down he might be a good QB.

Orton went to Purdue. He is still with the Chicago Bears.

Aww crap, I had Notre Dame on the brain from the thread starter. I stand corrected.