Athletic Director for ISU

BIGREDIOWAN

So recently here in Iowa the news has turned to Iowa State University and their football program. Jamie Pollard the Athletic Director for ISU is NOT allowing people to purchase single game tickets. You either purchase season tickets or you don't get in the game!!! Now I realize that single game tickets will still get out there somehow, but I think this is a bonehead move for a university that is already having problems getting people to the games. What do you guys think???

Buying single game tickets now or at all? I could see not letting single game tickets go till the season starts up, wanting to push some season tickets.

AT ALL!!!! He says if that means having empty seats in the stands then so be it!!! He also stated that if people don't buy them they won't have a football program for too long. I mean a fanbase like ISU's is never going to support that many season tickets. Our fanbase could do it, but it still wouldn't make much sense. I think ISU should just downgrade to a IIA program myself.

Buying single game tickets now or at all? I could see not letting single game tickets go till the season starts up, wanting to push some season tickets.

AT ALL!!!! He says if that means having empty seats in the stands then so be it!!! He also stated that if people don't buy them they won't have a football program for too long. I mean a fanbase like ISU's is never going to support that many season tickets. Our fanbase could do it, but it still wouldn't make much sense. I think ISU should just downgrade to a IIA program myself.

Not to mention, how many fans will he alienate? Many cannot afford season tickets. The appearance might be that he is catering to the "well to do". I have a feeling we have not seen the last of this hot potato. His all or nothing plan is an act of desperation.

Not to mention, how many fans will he alienate? Many cannot afford season tickets. The appearance might be that he is catering to the "well to do". I have a feeling we have not seen the last of this hot potato. His all or nothing plan is an act of desperation.

I agree and so far he has shown himself to be an aggressive AD which may not be a good thing for a school like ISU........ <_<

• 3 weeks later...