Trev, do you think that Nebraska is headed in the right direction?

i don't follow other teams closely, but not counting bowl games, Mitch Mustain, Josh Freeman and I am sure some other freshman saw plenty of action this year at qb .......get over it, these kids ands plenty more got to play and you won't see it in BC's program.......ever

And where exactly is Mitch now? Oh that's right he quit and went to Tulsa! You seem to spout facts about other teams so I inturn would of thought you knew something about what you were exactly trying to point out. Silly me! :w00t

i don't follow other teams closely, but not counting bowl games, Mitch Mustain, Josh Freeman and I am sure some other freshman saw plenty of action this year at qb .......get over it, these kids ands plenty more got to play and you won't see it in BC's program.......ever

And where exactly is Mitch now? Oh that's right he quit and went to Tulsa! You seem to spout facts about other teams so I inturn would of thought you knew something about what you were exactly trying to point out. Silly me! :w00t

yep, silly you......you missed the point! :dumdum

No I got the point...The point is you pretty much make no sense when it comes to bashing. Hell I would of given you half the credit if you atleast had some sources to back it up. Oh and by the way....Mitch got benched later on in the season in favor of Casey Dick . But again you probably didn't know that since you stated earlier that " you don't follow other teams closely". :dumdum

No I got the point...The point is you pretty much make no sense when it comes to bashing. Hell I would of given you half the credit if you atleast had some sources to back it up. Oh and by the way....Mitch got benched later on in the season in favor of Casey Dick . But again you probably didn't know that since you stated earlier that " you don't follow other teams closely". :dumdum

colt mccoy at Texas ring a bell for you........genius?

Well Colt was a redshirt freshman he had been with the longhorn program for a year.

ok, less look at this realistically, Josh Freeman played pretty well as a true freshman for K State, especially in their upset of Oklahoma..funny how Prince got the kid on the field midway through his freshman year and he showed some real results......there was no way Cally would have let Josh play ahead of Taylor and the kid figured it out...this is where i have a rub against callahan.....all this complicated/shifty wco bullsh#t that fools no one on defense, but restricts a young qb from "qualifying" to play his freshman year is hurting the recruitment of talented high school kids......this is so damn obvious it is painful.....there are tons of talented freshman qbs that played last year and many who go through their whole college career never playing in a wco system or at least not one that has all the razzle dazzle bullsh#t we see here...and it costs us the chance to land kids that have the ability to play early on in their careers.

What exactly was that score between K State and OU??!!! :dumdum Hmmm name me ONE school who went to a bowl game this past season, start a true Freshman over a Senior????

sorry, guess it was Texas they beat......but the fact remains, Cally won't play a freshman at qb, when Prince, Carroll and others will.......especially at USC, their philosophy is to keep it simple and let the young kids with talent on the field........sh#t man, you don't think that doesn't help recruiting??

Carroll has started these QB's in his career at SC

Palmer Sr.

Leinart 3rd yr Soph, Jr, Sr.

Booty 4th yr Jr.

And its nice to know Prince has earned to be named over Carroll after one bowl eligible season and a beatdown by Rutgers AND Nebraska.

He didn't beat out a senior

He didn't beat out a senior

nobody said he did......a freshman is a freshman.....they start for a lot of schools, our history is we don't start them.....either they lack enough talent or we don't believe in letting them on the field due to complexity and understanding of the system...especially at qb......someone prove me wrong, prove to me that this is NOT the case at NU...then tell me why freshman at other schools start during their freshman year?.....this is not an argument, it is a statement of fact...if you don't like it then blame the coach...if you don't think this hurts recruiting then you are in denial.......Freeman had better mechanics and talent than Taylor did, but he knew he would not see the field last year....and with Keller here, as it turns out, he would likely have sat out most of this year as well...an example of why good qbs who CAN play as freshman, will not come here

Your examples are flawed. Mustain and Freeman were “promised” starting spots when they were recruited. Mustain was promised so much that they brought his freakin High School coach along with him. What happened later in the year? That’s right he got benched and the offense ran through McFadden. Also if you think that Freeman has better mechanics then Taylor you know nothing about football. He has a stronger arm and is more athletic that is it. Maybe when it is all said an done but if you think he does right now you are kidding yourself. Have you seen what playing Colt McCoy has done to the last 2 high school quarterbacks that Texas either brought in or had committed? Sneed bolted for Ole Miss and Bentley de-committed. So I think you can say it hurts recruiting playing the young QB’s as well. Like was said USC does not play the young guys at QB. When Sanchez takes over in 08 we will be a red-shirt Junior. The last freshman QB to start for USC was Carson Palmer and that had nothing to do with Pete Carroll. Aside from Tommie Frazier name the last freshman to start at NU. I guess Crouch started some as a red-shirt only because Newcombe got hurt. Don’t act like the practice of not playing young QB’s is anything new around these parts.

Hunter - I want to ask who else should have been playing at Kansas State. Ron "Big Head" Prince ran off all but ONE returning QB, Dylan Meier who didn't even start the whole season last year because he sucked. So who else should Prince play? And what kind of success did Freemen have besides 2 good games (hell, Texas handed the game over to KSU). He got blown out by Kansas (7 turnovers), came in the game and lost to Baylor, got destroyed by Rutgers. If Nebraska had lost to any of those teams the way KSU did, you'd bitch at why we were playing a freshman QB. And anyone who says that Ron Prince is a better coach in ANY aspect than Callahan is just a moron.