Trev, do you think that Nebraska is headed in the right direction?

I dont have to prove your point Hunter. The rest of the NCAA does it for me. Relying entirely on one player because your quarterback in incapable of running the offense (Arkansas), or having no depth, no talent, and no hope (Kansas State) is not the kind of team I want to have. If you want to have them, go cheer for them. I would rather have a team that has talent, develops quarterbacks, and can run AND throw the ball EVERY YEAR (USC). As previously stated, USC has no problem recruiting quarterbacks, or retaining them, and NO ONE starts as a freshman. We have had one quarterback leave the team in four years and you freak out. I dont want to start freshman, I want to develop them and consistantly be in the top ten. The teams that are dont rely on bagging one phenom every four years to run the team. Thats the difference between the Ohio States/USCs/soon to be Nebraska, and fricken Arkansas.

The only thing i can add to this is Carrol got a guy that waited his turn behind First Palmer and then Leinhart and never really got to play drafted.. Now thats good coaching lol.. AKA. Matt Cassel

Oh and i also dont really care for all the motion that doesnt fool anyone.. But i think if you go back and watch most of our games when they did that they ran the ball most of the time...

Nebraska fans would like to see development in a Callahan quarterback recruit.

This is what stands out the most (to me anyway).

Zac Taylor- a JUCO qb, worked out well for us.

Harrison Beck- wash out.

josh freeman- benedict arnold

Patrick Witt- go get em buddy,

Zac Lee- injured Juco recruit, wont know how he pans out because he hasnt stepped onto the field yet.

Joe Ganz, Jordan Adams, Beau Davis- never see the field

as for all the other players, we havent really seen how a lot of the high school guys Callahan have developed because its too early to tell yet, and in all fairness, you shouldnt really judge if a player is a bust or a success if they havent used up all their eligibility. Players can go from six feet under on the depth chart to a starter in a year (Cory Ross is just one example) so who knows what is going to happen.

yes, until cally takes a talented high school qb and makes something out of him, this part of our recrutiing will always be suspect......year 4 coming up and no results yet.....

No results... Didn't our QB just get named Big 12 POY by the coaches and writers... Really? No results at all?

Why is Freeman on there? BC never coached him, he was never even a player at NU. Don't even know if that kid is gonna be a failure, but if he is it won't be because of this staff. Seems like some posters are pouring on the haterade.

Hunter you are so hung up on Freeman....if Freeman wouldn't have been such a pu$$y and backed out of his comittment here, BC probably wouldn't have brought in Keller. If you remember, Keller left ASU after Freeman pulled away from NU. I know it is pure speculation.

You talk about how it is not NU's way to start a freshman QB.....I think there was a freshman that started at NU that was pretty successful....Tommie Frazier!

Hunter you are so hung up on Freeman....if Freeman wouldn't have been such a pu$$y and backed out of his comittment here, BC probably wouldn't have brought in Keller. If you remember, Keller left ASU after Freeman pulled away from NU. I know it is pure speculation.

You talk about how it is not NU's way to start a freshman QB.....I think there was a freshman that started at NU that was pretty successful....Tommie Frazier!

i thought keller was brought in right after harrison beck grabbed his ball and went home.

i thought keller was brought in right after harrison beck grabbed his ball and went home.

You mean his mommy grabbed his ball (still speculating on whether or not he has any)

six of one, half-dozen the other.

keller was right place, right time for us.

worked out well for Nebraska because callahan gets an experience play caller, worked out well for keller because he gets to play in an up-and-coming school with a good schedule to display his talents (and he gets another crack at USC).

six of one, half-dozen the other.

keller was right place, right time for us.

worked out well for Nebraska because callahan gets an experience play caller, worked out well for keller because he gets to play in an up-and-coming school with a good schedule to display his talents (and he gets another crack at USC).

:yeah