Watson New OC

I think Watson will do a great job. It will be interesting to see if Cally will ever give up the play calling duties and turn them over to Watson making him a true OC. I doubt he will though.

nope. that would be admitting failure. he would rather fail miserably deny it and let everone watch then admit failure and try to fix it. i bet we dont see any firings of some of the worst coaches (elmo, busch) on the staff either.

right on the money.......unfortunately

I don't suppose you have taken the time to actually see the recruits Bush has brought in. I would say most likely not, since all you seem to do is bitch and post negativity! Here's the word for the day....."research"!

No doubt. He's responsible for many of the recruits that have commited to NU.

So no, he's not "right on the money". Missed the mark by quite the margin and showed that he doesn't really pay attention to what goes on in the program and who does what. Unless, of course it can aid in bashing his favorite team. Then he'll get after it.

I think Watson will do a great job. It will be interesting to see if Cally will ever give up the play calling duties and turn them over to Watson making him a true OC. I doubt he will though.

nope. that would be admitting failure. he would rather fail miserably deny it and let everone watch then admit failure and try to fix it. i bet we dont see any firings of some of the worst coaches (elmo, busch) on the staff either.

right on the money.......unfortunately

I don't suppose you have taken the time to actually see the recruits Bush has brought in. I would say most likely not, since all you seem to do is bitch and post negativity! Here's the word for the day....."research"!

speaking of research, its Busch.

anyways :sarcasm

Yeah I noticed that I forgot the S in Busch's name but by then I said screw it! :hellloooo

i have no prob with Watson, but to me Elmo is a failure as a DB coach, just my opinion, take it or leave it, but that guy sucks as a coach!

Hmm just a few posts ago you were agreeing Busch had to go too! If you are going to bash atleast get what you posted originally straight! :nutz

i did not say busch was bad......the post was overlapping thoughts and you were reading more into it

btw, it would be a big mistake to make Busch the recruiting coordinator. you dont take your best recruiter and put him behind a desk.
Agreed. I think he has to be out there.

Then why did Blake want the position so much? He was arguably the best recruiter.

Hard for me to agree with that now considering he was only in on one of the recruits that committed this year and that was before he left...........

btw, it would be a big mistake to make Busch the recruiting coordinator. you dont take your best recruiter and put him behind a desk.
Agreed. I think he has to be out there.

Then why did Blake want the position so much? He was arguably the best recruiter.

blake wanted more prestige. Blake was the best recruiter in 05. Busch overtook Blake in 06 and has gotten a lot of great talent to verbal to us.

He will fit in perfectly. In his 6 years as OC at CU he only had one year that his offense finished in the top 20 with the rest being below the top 55. What a great choice.
Well, the "Real" fan said it so I guess that settles it. I guess it can't have anything to do with anything else. It must be that he sucks. I mean Callahan picked him, right? It's simple. I mean, why couldn't he turn schools like Southern Illinois, Illinois, and Miami of Ohio into powerhouses? A really good coach could do that. Gimme a friggin break. I guess we'll just forget the time he spent in Miami, FL as assistant coach/WR/QB's coach in the early 90's. Yea, they really sucked then. They only won 1 national championship. Tisk Tisk Watson!!

This really isn't that hard. It's in his bio on huskers.com

I got an idea. As you suggest let's line up all the top winning est coaches and hire them. I mean, after all all there is to coaching is where you end up in the list. We don't need to know anything about them, just what they did. Hell, they don't even need a name. They don't need to know how to do anything else than run practice and somehow satisfy fans ideas of how a good coach coaches. Which they really don't know. Not one damn clue considering most haven't coached a cat out from under a car.

I am sure Callahan would have granted you an interview or at least hear you out on who you like to jock as far as OC's go.